Long Hole Driller – Cables ( 2 positions) Ref.: 29994
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The long-hole driller – cables is part of the mine operations team. He ensures the drilling, insertion, and cementing of the support cables by operating the cable machine.
- Inspect the cable machine daily
- Clean and scale the workspace
- Install the support cables according to the plans and specifications
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All other related tasks
- Hold a DEP (diploma of vocational education) in ore extraction
- Have five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in various drilling or cementing of anchoring cables.
- Have the mine worker modular training card
- Hold a general explosives permit
- Have a valid driver’s licence • Bilingual (an advantage)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore mine site
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than October 6, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights la.