Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Quebec and St-Hubert airports
Posting date: November 25, 2021
Deadline to apply: December 16, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting a Long-hole blaster. Working at the Renard mine and under the supervision of the Foreman of the underground operations, the Long-hole blaster will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Check and properly maintain the truck and the loading equipment and accessories
- Safely move and position the truck and the loading equipment and accessories
- Read and understand the blasting and loading plans
- Operate an emulsion pump and load all holes according to the plans
- Ensure the activity-related tasks are performed efficiently and safely
- Work closely with the supervisors, technical department, operators and teammates
- Secure the work area
- Actively participate in the planning, health and safety and training meetings
- Adequately complete daily reports and other documents
- Observe the work-related laws, rules and procedures
- Perform all other related tasks
- Vocational diploma in drilling and blasting
- Experience as an underground blaster
- Ability to read and interpret plans
- Valid driver’s licence
- Valid General Explosives Permit
- Completed FMTM modular training 1 to 5, 7 and 10
- Self-reliant and resourceful
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent organizational and task performance skills
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently
- Versatility and flexibility in performing tasks
- Exemplary attitude regarding Health and Safety
- Ability to communicate by radio in English and/or French
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring and promotion, will be based on merit, skills, performance and business needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Please apply online directly from your Success Factors account.
Please ensure your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will contact you at the end of the posting to schedule a meeting.