- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Logistics Supervisor is part of Mining Operations, more specifically the Mining Logistics Department, and reports directly to the Mining Logistics Coordinator. He/she is responsible for supervising the Mining Logistics team.
- Supervision of workers of the Mining Logistics Department (hoist operators, deckmen, cagemen).
- Control and monitoring of mining logistics systems in the control room. (Pumping system, seismic system, ventilation on request, paste backfilling, blasting and evacuation of gases, dispatching).
- Application of emergency measures.
- Coordination of backfilling work (installation and removal of lines, elbow diversions, etc…).
- Coordination of underground routing of material.
- Production of daily and weekly reports.
- Support for the Production and Development teams.
- Participating in implementation of new technology and continuous improvement projects.
- Conducting field visits to ensure workplace safety.
- Respecting, knowing and promoting company regulations and policies, particularly
- Regarding health and safety,
- All tasks related to his/her duties.
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest alternating on day and night shifts.
- Mining Techniques or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an underground mine.
- Previous experience in personnel management (an advantage).
- Computer skills and knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage personnel
- Ability to manage an emergency situation
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Good problem-solving ability
- Good adaptability to change
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than February 19th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.