Logistics Supervisor – Mine ( Control Room) Réf. : 29482
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Logistics Supervisor is part of Mining Operations, more specifically the Mining Logistics Department, and reports directly to the Mining Logistics Coordinator. He/she is responsible for supervising the Mining Logistics team.
- Supervision of workers of the Mining Logistics Department (hoist operators, deckmen, cagemen).
- Control and monitoring of mining logistics systems in the control room. (Pumping system, seismic system, ventilation on request, paste backfilling, blasting and evacuation of gases, dispatching).
- Application of emergency measures.
- Coordination of backfilling work (installation and removal of lines, elbow diversions, etc…).
- Coordination of underground routing of material.
- Production of daily and weekly reports.
- Support for the Production and Development teams.
- Participating in implementation of new technology and continuous improvement projects.
- Conducting field visits to ensure workplace safety.
- Respecting, knowing and promoting company regulations and policies, particularly
- regarding health and safety,
- All tasks related to his/her duties.
- Mining Techniques or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an underground mine.
- Previous experience in personnel management (an advantage).
- Computer skills and knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage personnel
- Ability to manage an emergency situation
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Good problem-solving ability
- Good adaptability to change
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
WORK LOCATION AND SCHEDULE
- Newmont Eleonore Mining Site
- 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than August 14, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law..