One tutor in each community will act as a physical support for students taking the online Iyeskuwiiu program. Requirements are as follows:
- Support students in the following Fall semester courses: Eective Reading and Writing; Humanities 101: Power and Influence in Eeyou Istchee I; Contemporary Issues I; Cree Language I (if possible); French Language I (if possible)
- Support students in the following Winter semester courses: English 101 Sub-Arctic Literature; Humanities 102: Power and Influence in Eeyou Istchee II; Contemporary Issues II; Cree Language II (if possible); French Language II (if possible).
- Meet a total of three hours per week with the student(s) upon a mutually agreed upon schedule.
- Communicate with course instructors for a total of one hour per week to discuss assignment expectations. Contact information will be provided.
- Share email or Messenger contact with the student(s) for professional communication purposes:
- Set alternate meeting times if the student(s) is not able to attend
- Do course check-ins at least once per week if students are unable to make it physically to the sessions
- Record attendance for statistical purposes
- Modify schedules depending on the academic need
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
- Skilled in the use of social media and Teams.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships characterized by trust and shared commitment to a common mission and goals.
- Spoken and written Cree and French Language skills a definite asset.
- James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement beneficiaries will be prioritized
- Is flexible, collaborative, team-oriented, shows initiative and holds themselves accountable.
- Hours to be determined in collaboration with the student(s), class schedule and instructor virtual office hours.
- Three hours per week with the student, 1 hour to collaborate with the instructors via email or Teams.
- Start September 13 end December 15. This excludes the one week land-based Physical Education November 1-5 (12 weeks). Resume January 31, end May 24. This excludes the one week land-based Physical Education February 28 to March 4 and Goose Break, tentative April 25 to May 6. (13 weeks).
For more information or questions, please contact:
Daisy Fry SAES Coordinator-Student Success at 418-923-3006, ext. 1711 | firstname.lastname@example.org