- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Wemindji
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Job Posting Number: M-1920-0022
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
Reporting to the Assistant Executive Director (AED) Miyupimaatisiiun the incumbent ensures delivery of effective Miyupimaatisiiun promotion and prevention activities in within the community, including ensuring that users obtain reliable care, and access to quality services in a timely manner. The incumbent collaborates with the Chief and Council, Band leadership and community representatives to achieve shared objectives regarding the Miyupimaatisiiun of the population. The incumbent collaborates with the Director Regional Hospital – Chisasibi in the integration of current services with other services provided through the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Center (CMC), and contributes to the quality of experience for users receiving specialized services off-site.
- Ensures the management operational access, leadership, accountability, planning, organization, coordination and reporting of the CMC;
- Ensures the daily implementation and control for all the services and interventions within the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Center;
- Ensures that services are available and accessible at all times by ensuring adequate resources are in place on a daily basis;
- Participates in the planning, organization and coordination for the development and programming of services;
- Incorporates approved policies, procedures, protocols and tools within the service delivery of the respective facilities;
- Ensures that delivery of the programs and services are consistent with the goals, values, strategic objectives of the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB) and related legislation, in particular the organization’s commitment to culturally safe practice;
- Ensures human, financial, material, and information resources management and the general administration of the CMC and MSDC Units.
- Bachelor degree in administration or Bachelor degree in health care or social services with a certificate in administration.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for senior management activities.
- Four (4) years experience in supervision or administration in a social service or rehabilitation environment.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Extensive Knowledge of Nishiiyuu Miyupimaatisiiun (traditional methods) healing practices;
- Good knowledge of the MSSS and Quebec Healthcare programs, laws, regulations, the RUIS Network, orientations and trends especially for integration of traditional methods of healing into public health surveillance, protection, promotion and prevention;
- Good knowledge of public health current issues and trends, and program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and programs, and quality assurance systems;
- Good record at an appropriate level of healthcare or programming management;
- A good record in human, financial, and information resources management is an asset;
- Ability to apply Eeyou (Cree) culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services;
- Ability to both manage the planning and development of new programs, and the maintenance and quality assurance of existing programs;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and respectful teamwork skills.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Willing to travel;
- Possibility of on-call period.
5. Salary information
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to email@example.com or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.