Posting # M-2223-0029
Position #: 0024
LOCAL DIRECTOR (0341)
PERMANENT – FULL-TIME
|DEPARTMENT:||Miyupimaatisiiun Center Whapmagoostui (720123)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Senior Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent – Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 41: Min. $97,124.00 – Max. $126,263.00|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Regional Proximity Director Chisasibi Miyupimaatisiiun Pole, the incumbent ensures the organization’s primary vocation of programs and services by planning, implementing and evaluating primary care, front line services, and chronic disease services to achieve integrated and complementary services in her Community Miyupimaatissiiun Center (CMC) in a timely manner.
She collaborates with the Chief and Council, Band leadership and community representatives, the Miyupimaatisiiun Committee and all concerned partners of the community to achieve shared objectives regarding the Miyupimaatisiiun of the population in her community. The incumbent also collaborates with: the Director of Eeyou Itschee Regional Facilities (Hospital, Women Shelters, Birthing Homes, Rehabilitation Centers, Elder’s Home, “Ressources intermédiaires” -RI, “Ressources personnes âgées” –RPA…) in the integration of current services with other services provided through CMC, and contributes to the quality of experience for users receiving specialized services off-site; the Pimuhteheu, Public Health, Nishiiyuu and Wiichihiituwin departments; this is achieved in respect of the functional, legal or professional responsibilities of the Directors of Professional Services and
Quality Assurance – Nursing, Psycho-Social, Medical, and Allied Health.
She ensures the line management of the human, material, financial and information resources of the wide range of services and programs structured by population age groups within the CMC under her jurisdiction: Awash, Uschiniichisuu, and Chishaayiyuu and Current Services, supporting the Strategic Regional Plan (SRP) and its principles of Miyupimaatisiiun, community-centeredness, and program design for a seamless and integrated circle of care.
- Ensures the management operational access, leadership, accountability, planning, organization, coordination and reporting of the CMC.
- Ensures the daily implementation and control for all the services and interventions within the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Center.
- Ensures that services are available and accessible at all times by ensuring adequate resources are in place on a daily basis.
- Participates in the planning, organization and coordination for the development and programming of services.
- Incorporates approved policies, procedures, protocols and tools within the service delivery of the respective facilities.
- Ensures that delivery of the program and services are consistent with the goals, values, strategic objectives of the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB) and related legislation, in particular the organization’s commitment to culturally safe practice.
- Ensures human, financial, material, and information resources management and the general administration of the CMC and MSDC Units.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in administration or in a relevant health care or social services discipline;
- A certificate in administration;
- Four (4) years experience in supervision or administration in a social service or rehabilitation environment.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of Nishiiyuu Miyupimaatisiiun (traditional methods) healing practices;
- Good knowledge of the MSSS and Quebec Healthcare programs, laws, regulations, the RUIS Network, orientations and trends especially for integration of traditional methods of healing into public health surveillance, protection, promotion and prevention;
- Good knowledge of public health current issues and trends, and program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and programs, and quality assurance systems;
- Good record at an appropriate level of healthcare or programming management;
- A good record in human, financial, and information resources management is an asset;
- Ability to apply Eeyou (Cree) culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services;
- Ability to both manage the planning and development of new programs, and the maintenance and quality assurance of existing programs;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and respectful teamwork skills.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Willing to travel
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-01-23/2023-02-06|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.|
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.