Department: Special Projects
Designation: Fulltime / Regular
Probation Period: 3 months
Level: Level 3
Location: Whapmagoostui, QC
Reporting to the Special Projects Coordinator, the Local Administrator is responsible for implementing and coordinating various local community-based projects and programs designed to protect and promote the interests of Cree trappers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and coordinate assigned projects and activities that are set by the Local CTA committee
- Order and coordinate the sale of hunting and trapping equipment to members in accordance with the established guidelines. Ensure all transactions are properly recorded in accordance with CTA purchase procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date coordinates and locations of all camps and trap line boundaries.
- Distribute up to date maps with the trap lines as required in case of emergencies and for insurance purposes.
- Collect and record the membership fees in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ensure the community membership list is updated and submitted to the CTA head office.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all transactions and dealings with trappers and members.
- Promote the benefits of possessing a CTA membership an CTA programs through local media and other marketing tools.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of reports to CTA Management
- Fur Harvesting Responsibilities
- Pack and ship the fur collections in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Fur Technician.
- Prepare payments for purchase of fur in accordance with the accounting worksheets
- Promote the importance of harvesting high quality furs to trappers and inform them to the auction dates and deadlines.
- Grade and sort the collection of fur when required.
- Examine and establish fur prices in accordance with set guidelines and rates when required.
Special Projects Responsibilities
- Collect data and prepare monthly reports related to Big Game Survey, Trap-line Captures, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee the bush-radio communication system rental to trappers, including receiving accurate paperwork and payments. Ensure all communication equipment is functional and maintained on a regular basis.
- Administer and oversee the CTA Trappers Cabin Insurance Program. Assist members with their forms, subsidies, pictures and evaluate their needs for a new cabin.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of courses that can be offered to local CTA members, for example, trapping or firearms safety courses.
- Support to the Local CTA responsibilities (responsibilities can include)
- Provide updated files on projects and programs for the local CTA committee meetings.
- Prepare quarterly activity and financial reports for Local CTA committee.
- Coordinate the Annual General Assembly and prepare required documents and presentations.
- Collaborate with the local trapper committees in meetings, planning and implementation of community projects and programs.
- Follow the Emergency measures plan of the community in case of need.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Education and Certification
- High School Diploma
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Valid first aid certificate
- One to three years of experience
- Fluent in the Cree language and English language required
- Knowledge of the French language is an asset
Knowledge and Abilities
- Good computer skills (Microsoft).
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality in dealing with CTA clientele and files.
- Effective organizational and coordinating skills.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
The Local Administrator works from an office building in their respective community and is responsible for working from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with one hour off for lunch. In addition, attendance may be required at odd hours and weekends.
SALARY : Commensurate with qualifications.
PLACE OF WORK : Whapmagoostui, Eeyou Istchee
DATE OF POSTING : February 25, 2020
CLOSING DATE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS : March 09, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Please send your application and curriculum vitae via regular mail, fax or email to:
Peggy Blackned – Executive Assistant Cree Trappers Association PO Box 250 Eastmain, QC J0M 1W0
Only candidates retained for interviews will be contacted