The Auberge Capissisit Lodge invites all applications for the position of the Line Cook (More Details Below)
To apply, please contact:
Chief Executive Officer
203, Opemiska Meskino
Office: 418-745-2519 ext. 224
Applications must be received before Friday, September 8, 2023 at 1:00pm.
Job Classification: Level 2
Supervisor: Auberge Capissisit Lodge (ACL) Head Chef
A line cook prepares, seasons and cooks a variety of food items including meats, vegetables, soups and breakfasts dishes under the Head Chef’s supervision. The line helper also ensures kitchen cleanliness and respects hygiene and safety procedures
Duties and Responsibilities:
Functional Responsibilities (During Your Shift)
- Receive food ingredients, supplies from delivery orders, and store them appropriately.
- Review the production schedule to determine food requirements including variety and quantity of food for preparation and assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily cooking activities.
- Prepare a wide variety of foods in accordance with recipes and using a full range of cooking methods.
- Prepare and bake simple pastries.
- Test foods being cooked for quality.
- Ensure pleasant dish presentations by carving and displaying meats, vegetables, fruits, and salads.
- Maintain and clean work areas, utensils, and equipment. Wash the dishes when needed.
- Identify and ensure disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies, and equipment.
- Cater for special events as required.
- Ensure prompt preparation and delivery of food to tables.
Functional Responsibilities (At the End of Your Shift)
- Complete production sheets and other records as required.
- Ensure workstations and kitchen area are clean.
- Perform other duties as required
Education and Certification
- High school diploma or DEP certification in chef training, professional cooking, or related field
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License would be considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Fluent in spoken French; spoken Cree would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a kitchen
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to maintain a positive, friendly, and courteous attitude, especially under pressure.
- Organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Capacity to learn how to operate standard restaurant equipment such as a POS system; knowledge of Maître D POS is an asset.
- Professionalism and a high standard of personal presentation