Light and heavy Vehicle Mechanic
Réf. : 26056
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining
jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental,
social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded
in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Light and heavy Vehicle Mechanic is part of the Surface Services maintenance team. The incumbent is responsible for carrying out periodic maintenance of light and heavy vehicles according to established priorities and respecting the best maintenance practices.
• Repair and maintain light vehicles required for performing surface services work
• Diagnose problems using the manufacturer’s software
• Work as a helper on heavy equipment
• Ensure that the worksite is always clean and safe
• Participate in developing maintenance procedures with the reliability group
• Respect and apply work and health and safety procedures
• Participate in Surface Services health and safety activities
• Report all incidents/accidents to the Supervisor
• Keep records on equipment maintenance
• Monitor repairs in the maintenance software
• Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly regarding health and safety
• Repair heavy equipment
• All other job-related duties
• Complete any tasks related to the performance of his duties
Training & Experience
• Vocational Studies Diploma in automobile Mechanics
• GM knowledge software
• Experience in heavy mobile machinery mechanics (an asset)
• 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
• Valid drivers license
Knowledge and Skills
▪ Teamwork in a multicultural environment
▪ Ability to analyze and solve problems
Work Location and Schedule
• Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
• Eleonore mine site (Fly-In, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than October 5th, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.