- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Department: Wiichihiituwin (Cree Patient Services) (204090)
Work Location: Montreal
Status: 2-Temporary Full-Time
Hourly Salary: Min. (1) $24.08 – Max. (18) $39.00
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who assumes the responsibility for a comprehensive set of nursing care in relation to the biological, psychological and social aspects of the beneficiaries or groups of people, to which she/he is entrusted. She/he evaluates the state of the beneficiaries’ health, and determines and ensures the implementation of a health care plan and nursing treatments for beneficiaries presenting complex health problems and/or problems involving various biological, psychological and social aspects. She/he produces nursing and medical care and treatment, with the goal of maintaining and re‑establishing peoples’ health and preventing disease.
In collaboration with the Wiichihiituwin department (Cree Patient Services), the liaison nurse is responsible to coordinate, organize and prepare the visits of the clientele coming to Montreal for specialized medical visits/treatments. She/he is responsible to review the medical consultations and/or reports of the beneficiaries entrusted to her/him temporarily. She/he will act as a link between the beneficiary, the hospital and the communities. She/he will gather and forward the pertinent information to the appropriate professionals in the Cree communities. The liaison nurse is also required to travel with the Air Charter as acting flight nurse.
- DEC in nursing;
- Member of the Order of Quebec Nurses (OIIQ).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a nurse.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Cree culture and language, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee is an asset;
- Interpersonal relationship and leadership skills;
- Dynamism and self-confidence;
- Capacity to be autonomous, flexible, discrete, empathetic and to take initiatives;
- Capacity to work under pressure;
- Sense of observation and self-control;
- Critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Fluent in English and in French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Selected candidates must successfully complete the following training: Administration of epinephrine for severe allergic reactions of the anaphylactic type (4 hours);
- On call by rotation.
All JBNQA Cree beneficiary hired to work for the Wiichihiituwin direction at the Montreal point of service are entitled to the following benefits:
- Isolation premium based on their affiliate community.
- Retention premium (if applicable).
- Reimbursement of the moving and storage fees.
- Two (2) return flights per year for the employee and their dependents to go back to their affiliate community via CBHSSJB’s charters.
Posting start/end date: 2020-10-27/2020-11-10
Positions available: 1
Shift type: Day
Hours per day/week: 7.25/36.25
Housing provided: No
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # (N-2021-0175) and the Job title (Liaison Nurse) on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.