- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level High School Diploma
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favourable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Labourer – Surface Services is part of the Surface Services team. The incumbent participates in the general maintenance of the Éléonore site and is responsible for the cleanliness and safety of the workplaces. The incumbent provides support to the Surface Operations team
- Ensure that the workplaces are clean and safe at all times
- Participate in the general maintenance of the site
- Remove snow manually from the generator accesses, propane sites, hydrants
- Remove ice from the site culverts and access road
- Prepare, dispatch and fill sandbags
- Transport wastewater and drinking water
- Repair and maintain sign panels
- Support airport for boarding and unboarding baggage
- Replace vacationing operators of buses, roll-offs, 50-tonne trucks and small loaders.
- Clean driving surfaces of bridges.
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety.
- Assist skilled workers, such as Airport Agents, Concrete Plan Operators, etc.
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of the duties of the position.
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Diploma of Secondary Studies (high school diploma) completed
- Valid driver’s licence
- Experience driving a loader
• Teamwork in a multicultural environment
Interested persons must send us their résumés via the corporate website at
www.newmont.com no later than March 2nd, 2021.
We thank all the applicants for their interest. However, we will only communicate with the persons
selected for an interview.
As an employer subscribing to the principle of equal access to employment, Newmont is committed to
favour diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Arrangements
may be made on request for candidates participating in all aspects of the selection process.