Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favourable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Labourer Operator is part of the process sector operations team. He/she assists the team of Operators in their duties and is in charge of worksite cleanliness and safety. He/she identifies operational and mechanical equipment problems in all sectors.
- Ensure that workplaces are clean and safe at all times
- Support Operators in their duties in all sectors such as:
- Reagents/Water treatment
- Start and stop sector equipment according to established procedures
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety and the environment and relations with neighbouring communities
- Report all incidents/accidents to the Supervisor
- Participate in continuous training program to replace workers in subsequent operations positions such as Crushing / Filtration / Backfill / Reagents
- Maintain information records on duties
- Assist the Fixed Equipment Mechanics during maintenance work and production shutdowns
- All other work-related duties
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Vocational studies diploma in ore processing
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism, French & English is an asset
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Team work in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
LOCATION & WORK SCHEDULE
- Work schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Eleonore Mine Site (fly-in, fly-out from Montreal, Chibougamau, Matagami, Rouyn-Noranda, Val D’Or and Wemindji)
Interested persons must send us their résumés via the corporate website at www.newmont.com no later than July 14, 2023.
We thank all the applicants for their interest. However, we will only communicate with the persons selected for an interview.
As an employer subscribing to the principle of equal access to employment, Newmont is committed to favour diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Arrangements may be made on request for candidates participating in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countries, protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required or recommended for international travel to certain Newmont operating countries. If you are offered this position and the position entails international travel, you will need to comply with these requirements. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination requirements, at any time, in its sole discretion.