Regular Full-Time Position with three (3) months’ probation
Posting Date: October 30, 2023
Ending Date: November 13, 2023 before 5pm
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, on a schedule
Hourly Rate: $23.32 – $33.86 + TDC benefits
The Kitchen Leader provides support to the Head Chef while performing a variety of cooking duties, including preparing food, testing new recipes, plating dishes and maintaining supplies. Individuals in this role should have excellent communication skills and a focus on prompt, efficient service. The Kitchen Leader thrives in high-pressure environments and enjoys being busy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor the inventory and oversee the purchasing of food and other supplies.
- Ensure sanitation practices are in place, and supplies, equipment and work areas are inspected.
- Help develop menus and tailor menu based on product availability.
- Help manage kitchen staff (reporting structure, resource selection an allocation, orientation, supervision, coaching and training, scheduling, performance evaluation, etc.)
- Upon supervisor’s request, carry out other duties related to the job.
- College Certificate or Diploma in Culinary Arts, OR High School Diploma with three years or more of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience with staff supervision
- Upholds a strong sense of cleanliness and organization
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Fluency in Cree and English. French would be an asset.
To apply, please submit your cover letter & resume to:
Layla Miniquaken – Admin. Assistant – HR,
Tawich Development Corporation
12 Tawich Road, P.O. Box 210
and/or by e-mail: email@example.com