The Coordinator of Strategic Management is responsible for assisting the department with the development of policy and procedures related to programs and services such as a pluralistic justice system, integrative processes and diversion programming that respects Cree values, ways and realities. The Coordinator is responsible for communicating current and future reporting on programs and services, creating tools related to implementation plans, and working strategically with the Director on the realization of a uniquely Cree system of justice and corrections.
- Collaborate with the Director in the review, preparation and implementation of department policies.
- Review data from program/service evaluations, and provide details to the Coordinator Media and Communications reporting services.
- Provide assistance to the Director with the orientation of new support staff and updating of the Employee Manual.
- Assist the Director in the preparation of agendas for coordination meetings and trainings for Coordinators.
- Participate in Coordination Committee meetings overseeing official minutes and creating directives for actions for Coordinators following meetings with agreed upon timelines for completion.
- Work with the Administrative Technician to update departmental actions plans using coordination committee meeting notes.
- Assist the department in the further development of employee learning plans and trainings for staff, to be done annually.
- Provide support to Coordinators in setting project management timelines, budgets and achieving milestones, and eventual reporting.
- Coordinate any applications to special funds and work with managers who will implement a project where the Department has received funding to ensure realization and reporting requirements are met.
- Coordinate with managers any interns or summer students that may be working with the Department to ensure all objectives of their positions and reporting are met.
- Assist the department with the review and creation of internal policies and create communications related to the department’s implementation plans and objectives.
- Review and evaluate the implementation of current initiatives.
- Work with the Director and consult on furthering development of conflict resolution services in the Cree Nation.
- Perform research relevant to department key objectives to be used for future decision making and provide recommendations, and have those identified by the Judicial Advisory Committee.
- Assist in the review of any internal or external reporting documents before the Director’s final review.
- Review and develop standards for departmental research protocols and Intellectual Property provisions related to contractual relationships.
- Assist managers with research and provide recommendations for the development of tools and materials for general public on programs, services and activities when needed.
- Present and discuss findings regarding analysed program data with the Coordinators to support decision-making
- Work with Justice Funds Officer to determine action items regarding fund applications and prepare a report for the Sub-Committee during Coordination Committee meeting.
- Participate with regional working group on the development of future Cree courts.
- Collaborate with the Department and courts on appropriate court rules for use in Eeyou Istchee.
- Assist in the review of reporting documents before final review of the Director.
- Complete and archive all reports and presentation documents as prescribed by the Director.
- Support the Managers by providing statistical data and analysis for the preparation of quarterly reports for the Director as well as for all other reports requested by the Judicial Advisory Committees, stakeholders and partners.
- Compile and analyze data for all programs and services delivered by the department, in order to provide statistical information on the results and impacts of such services and programs.
- Provide the Director with a comprehensive report with recommendations and actions needed to successfully complete the implementation of departmental objectives and initiatives.
- Supervise and lead direct reports.
- Assist with development of team objectives, as well as individual objectives for direct reports by ensuring that performance is aligned with those objectives. Ensure that supervisors within team are establishing objectives that are in alignment with departmental objectives, in collaboration with the Department Director.
- Identify training needs, recommend solutions, and support training and development.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluations for direct reports and assist supervisors through formal performance evaluations and regular one-on-one meetings.
- Promote ongoing, effective and open communication with employees. Keep staff members informed of decisions that impact them and/or their department.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Law, Communications or a related field.
- Certification in Project/Program Management an asset.
- Five to eight years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency of English.
- Fluency in French and Cree is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proven ability to communicate effectively including good presentation and report writing skills
- Strong program planning, research and implementation skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as fund criteria, proposals, legal and judicial publications.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Knowledge of Cree communities and programming experience in frontline work with Cree children, youth or adults.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Must agree to undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Pay Type: Salary
Min. Hiring Rate: $73,963.00
Max. Hiring Rate: $92,741.00
To apply, click HERE and sign-in or create an account.