The Art and Graphic Design Technician is responsible for working with internal and external stakeholders of the Department of Justice and Correctional Services (DOJCS) of the Cree Nation Government, to conceptualize and develop the needed graphical components of the department. The incumbent is responsible for assessing, developing, and delivering all the graphical material required by the department.
- Designs and produces graphic art and visual materials for print and digital media such as posters, banners, presentations, infographics, promotional items, and other artistic and graphic elements.
- Creates and executes design solutions and collateral used for marketing, advertising, sales, and other forms of communication.
- Collaborates with the Media and Communications Specialist in the development of content for the department’s social media platforms.
- Assist in the delivery of reports by providing design solutions that optimize the transfer of information.
- Generate and maintain a library of templates and assets for the department.
- Support other team members by providing solutions to communications issues through the implementation of design principles.
- Communicate and deliver material to service providers for campaigns and events, in collaboration with the Coordinator of Resources and Assets.
- Work collaboratively with the department translator to ensure proper translation for design material into the Cree Language
- Work closely with the Media and Communications Specialist and the Cree Nation Government communications team
- Collaborate with department units to identify and cover events (e.g., conferences, programs, etc.) to produce visual material and adapt content for the website and social media.
- Work with designers and video producers on media content when needed.
- Create and coordinate infographics for social media.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College Degree in Graphic/Web Design or a related field.
- One to three years of relevant work experience in this field.
- Fluency in English
- Verbal Fluency of Cree is a strong asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Writing skills with excellent editing, proofreading, and research skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of content management and basic site administration.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and web
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of elements and principles of design applied to social media.
- Proficiency in programs such as Adobe Creative Suite software such as Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Must undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.