Junior Mining Engineer, Rock Mechanics
Réf. : ELE00002622
Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Junior Mining Engineer, Rock Mechanics is part of the mine engineering team. He / she provides remote support for work related to rock mechanics, the micro-seismic system, instrumentation and the stability of mine excavations. He / she travels to the site to support quality monitoring, drawings, and data collection in the field. He / she maintains the geotechnical model of the mine.
- Monitor various excavations, including monthly underground inspections
- Support the planning of geotechnical activities for site operations
- Monitor work on the micro-seismic system, including seismic analyses (MXRap) system
- Provide support for the installation of various measuring instruments
- Monitor quality for the different types of field support installed
- Participate in analyzing the stability of sites
- Keep the Map3D model of the mine updated
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health, safety and the environment and relations with neighbouring communities
- All other tasks related to the performance of his/her duties.
- Schedule : 5 days of work followed by 2 days off
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering or Geological Engineering
- One (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience in an underground mine
- Practical ground control experience is an asset
- Training on mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Good computer skills, including Deswik, Autocad, Microsoft Office and Map 3D, MXRAP and RocScience software programs is an asset
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec or eligible to join
- Bilingualism an asset.
- Organizational skills and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work as part of a team
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at https://goldcorp.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/ing%C3%A9nieur-e-minier-junior-en-m%C3%A9canique-des-roches-2120 no later than December 11th, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.