The mission of the Cree Women of Eeyou Istchee Association (CWEIA) is to inspire and value Eeyou-Eenou Iskweu through healing, culture, and socio-economic development. If you share our values, we welcome you on our team.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director the finance clerk must be responsible and able to work independently to perform a variety of tasks related to the finances and accounting of the organization. Duties will include but are not limited to providing support to the Assistant Director and/or Bookkeeper with daily financial tasks.
- Gather and prepare payables on a weekly basis, verifying and coding, getting approvals on the invoices for Email Funds Transfers (EFT) or cheques.
- Write and distribute emails, correspondence and forms to suppliers as required.
- Prepare and send purchase orders
- Ensure copies of purchase order are provided with invoices for payables.
- Keep and maintain a filing system of all payables, receivables, and purchase orders
- Order office supplies as may be required
- Update and maintain all lists, contact lists of all suppliers, cheque lists and deposit lists.
- Assist with the credit card reports, collecting all information from Directors/Coordinators, receipts, credit card reports,
as per the Credit Card Statement.
- Assist the Executive Director with payroll and or any HR matters as may be required.
- Knowledge of office Equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as excel, word and outlook, basic knowledge of QuickBooks
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and dependability
- Good written and verbal communication
- High School diploma or equivalent to; additional qualification as an administrative and finance will be an asset
- Traveling may be required from time to time.
- Please email your application letter and CV to Tina Mark-Ottereyes: email@example.com
- Deadline to apply July 4, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
- Location of position: Eeyou Istchee
- Priority will be given to candidates eligible under the ASD Youth Work Experience program criteria (currently unemployed, age 16-30)
- Duration of Employment is 6 months
- CWEIA reserves the right to carry out a background check prior to hiring