Department: Government Services
Salary Grade 4: (Min. $46,031.00 – Max. $69,047.00)
The IT Technician is responsible for providing technical expertise for all Information Technology (IT) equipment and peripherals and providing technical support to end-user, as well as identifying, analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving problems with the aim of eliminating recurrences.
- Respond to end-users in need (troubleshoot) through tickets entered in the Ticketing System.
- Provide end-user support such as software setup, monitoring, maintenance and repair of computers, printers and end-user peripherals.
- Analyze and resolve problems, escalate complex problems the appropriate resource when required.
- Resolve issues and conflicts with third party suppliers to fix phone and Internet problems.
- Create and monitor user email accounts.
- Maintain and configure telecommunication equipment such as cellular phones and other devices.
- Ensure proper access to hardware and software resources (MS Office, productivity software, shared files, printers, scanner, computers, phones and business cellphones, etc.).
- Provide basic training and orientation for software, web safety and maintenance, printers and scanners.
- Maintain IP based telephone systems and timekeeping devices.
- Maintain accounts with various suppliers who provide services to the different departments.
- Report network failures, power outages as well as policy violations regarding the usage of computer systems and software.
- Provide technical support for meetings and conferences.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and certification
- College Diploma in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or a related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Organizational skills.
- Judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Office 365.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Must agree to undergo a criminal record check
From January 7, 2020 to January 24, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: ECN-200105-1