Career Opportunity: IT Technician
Department: Government Support Services
Salary Grade 4: (Min. $45,886.00 – Max. $61,258.00)
The IT Technician is responsible for providing technical expertise for all Information Technology (IT)
equipment and peripherals and providing technical support to end users, as well as identifying, analyzing,
troubleshooting, and resolving problems with the aim of eliminating recurrences.
- Respond to end users in need (troubleshoot) through tickets entered in the Ticketing System.
- Provide end-user support such as software setup, monitoring, maintenance and repair of computers, printers and end-user peripherals.
- Analyze and resolve problems, escalate complex problems the appropriate resource when required.
- Resolve issues and conflicts with third party suppliers to fix phone and Internet problems.
- Create and monitor user email accounts.
- Maintain and configure telecommunication equipment such as cellular phones and other devices.
- Ensure proper access to hardware and software resources (MS Office, productivity software, shared files, printers, scanner, computers, phones and business cellphones, etc.).
- Provide basic training and orientation for software, web safety and maintenance, printers and scanners.
- Maintain IP based telephone systems and timekeeping devices.
- Maintain accounts with various suppliers who provide services to the different departments.
- Report network failures, power outages as well as policy violations regarding the usage of computer systems and software.
- Provide technical support for meetings and conferences.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College Diploma in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or a related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Organizational skills.
- Judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Office 365.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From July 14, 2021 to July 29, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: GOV-210701-2