- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Waskaganish
- Education Level College
Career Opportunity: IT Technician
Department: Government Support Services
Salary Grade 4: (Min. $45,431.00 – Max. $60,650.00)
The IT Technician is responsible for providing technical expertise to the Justice and Correctional Service Department regarding all Information Technology (IT) equipment, as well as identifying, analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving problems with the aim of eliminating recurrences.
- Ensure to manage responses to end users’ requests made through the Ticketing System.
- Provide technical support for meetings and secure video conferences.
- Provide end-user support / basic training and orientation in providing expertise to identify the customer needs / install computers, peripherals and relevant software’s or function.
- Analyze and diagnose incidents and collaborate with support specialists.
- Configure and support mobile applications.
- Resolve issues with the assistance of third-party suppliers.
- Provide IAM support (Identity and Access Management)
- Ensure a wide range of computer and network maintenance including installation, upgrades, security and support to maintain high-quality networks and computers systems.
- Ensure the computer security patches and malware are up to date using our monitoring tool.
- Maintain IP based telephone systems.
- Report network failures, power outages as well as policy violations regarding the usage of computer systems and software.
- Participate in the evolution of the team documentation and online tools.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College Diploma in Information Technology or a related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with RMM and ticketing systems.
- Fluency in Verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Organizational skills.
- Judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Office 365.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel.
- Must agree to undergo a criminal record check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From February 17, 2021 to March 5, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: GOV-210205-2