- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Oujebougoumou
- Education Level College
Location: Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc.
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Status: Interim Full-Time
Salary: According to the Salary Scale of the Enterprises Inc.
Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc. has a rewarding career opportunity on an interim for the
Cost Control / Administrative Assistant. The person is responsible for performing a large variety
of financial and administrative tasks for the Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc. and its
subsidiaries including, but not limited to Auberge Capissisit Lodge, Broadback Fishing Camp,
Forestry Projects and Nimsken Corporation.
About the Company
Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc. acts as the development corporation of the Ouje-Bougoumou
Cree Nation. As it carries a diversified portfolio of businesses for the Band, great opportunities
exist to further develop its resource businesses and commercial ventures to contribute to local
business and economic development.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Cost Control / Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a large variety of financial and administrative tasks for Oujé-Bougoumou Enterprise and its subsidiaries including, but not limited to, Auberge Capissisit Lodge, Broadback Fishing Camp, Forestry Projects and Nimsken Corporation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the bookkeeping of OBEI and some of its subsidiaries as requested.
- Carry out data entry of expenses and revenues with accuracy. Monitor and control budgets to ensure they are strictly respected.
- Perform bank reconciliation regularly.
- Perform activities related to Accounts Receivables for OBEI and some of its subsidiaries as requested, including but not limited to, printing statements and invoices and sending them to clients, entering payments and making deposits.
- Accomplish activities related to Purchasing including, but not limited to, receiving and cataloguing all purchase requisitions, and contacting suppliers to resolve shortage, missed deliveries and other problems.
- Carry out activities related to Accounts Payables for OBEI and some of its subsidiaries as requested, including but not limited to, producing payment requests with purchase requests, following-up with the Finance department of OBCN and filing.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and make appropriate purchase recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer; proceed with purchases upon approval. Ensure that there is a sufficient inventory of materials on-hand.
- Collect and verify production sheets and send them to OBCN Payroll. After pay is processed by OBCN, verify pay reports to detect overpayment or underpayment, correct hours and inform OBCN for accurate and timely payment of employees.
- Act as a liaison between the subsidiaries, OBEI and OBCN on financial matters.
- Immediately report to the Chief Executive Officer and the Corporate Treasurer any issue regarding the budgets (gaps, overspending, etc.).
Administrative and Reporting Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison with external organisations such as CNESST, SAAQ, Federal and Provincial Government. Prepare and send documents (remittances, application for licence, etc.) and follow-up on files.
- Prepare all necessary documents for the renewal of the BNQ certifications (payroll records, insurance papers, etc.).
- Collect documentation and data, and prepare reports for the renewal of fishing access rights.
- Prepare various year-end reports for subsidiaries on TPS and TVQ, permits and outfitting licences, number and species of fishes caught, etc.
- Prepare project reports as requested.
- Answer phone calls, respond to emails, and refer to the appropriate person.
- Make copies and print documents as requested.
- Maintain proper file management of documents in order to ensure efficient retrieval of information.
- Communicate daily with field supervisors and dispatch equipment based on operational needs.
- Provide information to tourists regarding the fishing camp and other activities in the community. Verify availability of fishing trips and book guides.
- Coordinate the flight schedules of Broadback Fishing Camp as required.
- Ensure all hiring documentation is filled out and signed, and forward it to payroll.
- Prepare Records of Employment (ROE) and T4 timely and mail to employees.
- Prepare employee schedules for some subsidiaries as requested.
- Verify validity of vehicles’ insurances and employees’ driver’s licences.
- Report any concerns regarding unusual and/or suspected misuse of resources. Propose remedial action when required.
- Keep up to date with policies and changes to applicable laws. Ensure compliance.
- Support OBEI and its subsidiaries by performing a large variety of tasks (i.e. bring broken equipment and vehicles to repair shops).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification
- College degree (DEC, AEC) in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Fluency in French, Cree and English
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to be discreet and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products
Shawn Wapachee, Human Resources Manager
Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc.
203 Opemiska Meskino
Ouje-Bougoumou, QC G0W 3C0
Office: (418) 745-2519 ext:230
Fax: (418) 745-3544
Cell: (418) 770-3494
Please submit your resume and cover letter before March 29, 2021
*Please kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. We thank you for your interest.