Réf. : 26961
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead.
The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable
mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only
gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled
environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value
creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency.
Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Under the responsibility of the Maintenance General Foreman, the Instrumentation and Control Supervisor is part of the reliability and maintenance mine sector team. The incumbent is responsible of the implants and safely maintains equipment and instrumentation and control system used for support the production. He/She adheres to company principles by adopting sustainable development management, Goldcorp’s six pillars, operational excellence and the organization’s code of conduct.
- Improve process, technology and methodology of his/her working team.
- Establish norms and participate to the conception of the instrumentation and control service
- Participate to the development of the implementation of the maintenance program and P&ID update for the mine production
- Participate to the development et implementation of technology and telecommunication
- Participate in the selection, purchase and installation of systems and instruments of control for all the mine operation
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety, environment and relation with surrounding communities
- Supervise, manage staff, evaluate performance, and oversee employee development
- All other related task
- College diploma in instrumentation and control
- Minimum of ten years related experiences
- Experience in mining and/or construction industry
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley systems
- General Explosive Permit, licence C and mining modules
- Good computer and networking knowledge
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Analysis and problem solving
- Organizational agility
- Supervise and develop employee
- Good communication skills (oral and writing)
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore mine site
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at
www.newmont.com no later than January 5, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. This position is based at the Newmont Eleonore mine site, which is an operation with a ” fly-in/fly-out” shuttle service. In accordance with the requirements of the Government of Canada regarding vaccinations for travellers, vaccination against COVID-19 is required for all travellers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to and from the Newmont Eleonore mine site, subject to a few very limited exemptions. Consequently, if you receive a job offer for this position, you will have to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you benefit from an exemption from the vaccination obligation of the Government of Canada for travel, before the scheduled starting date. Moreover, if you receive a job offer for this position, it is possible that you will only be asked to provide proof of vaccination or exemption before your scheduled starting date, or on a later date at Newmont’s request.