- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
Position: INSTRUMENTATION ELECTRICIAN
Department: Process plant
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports : Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Québec and St-Hubert Airports
Posting date: March 18, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting an Instrumentation Electrician. Reporting to the Electrical Foreman, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining the process plant’s instruments, electrical distribution equipment and performing preventive maintenance tasks. The incumbent is also responsible for the troubleshooting of these different equipment.
- Connect power leads to machines and equipment, and connect cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams and plans with hand tools and test equipment;
- Installs and repairs electrical systems, appliances and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment according to electrical code, manuals, diagrams, plans and other specifications using hand tools, power tools and electrical and electronic test equipment;
- Test faulty machines, using test equipment, and discuss malfunctions with other maintenance technician, such as the machine repairer, maintenance and the toll manufacturer to diagnose a malfunction;
- Replaces faulty electrical components of the machine, such as relays, switches and motors, and positions detection devices with tools;
- Basic knowledge of protection relays and counting units.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an electrician in a plant (mining industry an asset);
- Ability to read and interpret the Process Flow Chart, piping and instrumentation diagrams (Piping & Instrumentation Scheme (P & ID));
- Program, adjust, maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and verify the operating status of various types of electronic instruments and automated equipment.
- Install, modify, maintain, repair, inspect and inspect electrical equipment used in power generation, transmission, control and distribution.
- Abilities and interests for electricity, electronics and programming;
- Analytical skills to analyze and quickly find a defect or any other problem;
- Knowledge of the regulations in health and safety at work, in the environment and the tools used in particular the work card;
- Ability to plan, organize and execute mandates;
- Proven ability to work in a team with good leadership skills;
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and openness to change;
- Ability to manage stress and work effectively and proactively to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent ability to plan, prioritize and execute;
- Good computer knowledge (Excel and Word) is required and knowledge of IT Guide, is an asset;
- Interests and abilities to work in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.