Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Instrumentation and Control Technician for the concentrator is part of the Processes Sector team. The incumbent is responsible for the maintenance of instrumentation and process control systems as well as surface operations.
- Apply preventive and predictive maintenance techniques
- Troubleshoot control systems such as Allen Bradley and Delta-V
- Install, repair, modify, calibrate, adjust and maintain all types of electronic equipment as well as mechanical and pneumatic instrumentation
- Update technical drawings
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All other related tasksSchedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- College diploma in instrumentation and control
- 5 years maintenance experience in the mining industry
- Familiarity with DCS Emerson Delta-V and PLC Allen Bradley systems is an asset
- Excellent computer skills
- Bilingualism (an asset)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment