Instrumentation and Control Technician
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Reporting to the Surface Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor, you will be responsible for preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance, including diagnostics, troubleshooting and repairs in instrumentation and control of all surface equipment.
- You will participate in the improvement and optimization of the process and equipment with the objective of boosting production performances, increasing equipment reliability, reducing maintenance and operating costs, and improving health and safety.
- You will also have to apply various procedures with the goal of achieving the highest levels in health and safety and environmental protection.
- Comply with, know and promote the regulations and company policies, particularly in health and safety.
- You will be responsible for making programming changes to the PLC (Allen-Bradley) and DCS (Emerson Delta-V) control systems.
- Update the technical documents and drawings (annotated in red).
- You have a diploma of college studies in instrumentation and control or its equivalent (Technical DEC).
- You must hold a C licence in electricity.
- The position requires at least five (5) years’ experience in plant maintenance in a mining or heavy industry environment.
- You will have strong experience in the process instrumentation and control field, 600-volt motor control centres, networking, variable frequency drives, PLC (Allen-Bradley) and DCS (Emerson Delta-V), measuring instruments (level, flow, pressure, density, analysis, etc.) and control valves.
- Knowledge of information technology. MS Office Suite, PI, SAP (an asset).
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence mandatory.
- Bilingual in French and English (an asset).
- Ability to analyze and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Reading engineering and supplier plans.
- Organizational ability and teamwork.
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment.
- Adaptability and good communication.
- Competitive salary, including a full range of benefits (vacation, insurance, pension plan, travel expenses)
- Gym, entertainment room, unlimited access to high-speed Internet, cell phone networks and activities organized by the social club on site.
- Medical services on site and employee assistance programs.
- Lodging and varied meals provided on site.
- Transportation by air from and to Montréal, Chibougamau, Rouyn-Noranda (depending on the place of residence) to get to the mine site.
- 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Eleomore Mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested persons must send us their resumes via the corporate website at www.newmont.com/careers no later than August 14, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.