Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Éléonore is a leading-edge, world-class mine that counts among the largest gold mines in Québec. It is located in Eeyou Istchee/James Bay, in a remote corner of the Nord du Québec region, 800 kilometres north of Montréal on the 52nd parallel. Its first gold pour took place on October 1, 2014 and it reached commercial production on April 1, 2015. The gold comes from the Roberto deposit, which is characterized by complex folds and faults. The underground ore is extracted, then processed on site in a circuit that includes crushing, grinding, gravity, flotation and cyanidation. Overall, around 92% of the gold is recovered.
INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL TECHNICIAN (PERMANENT POSITION)
Department: Surface Maintenance Department
Workplace: Mine site – Éléonore, located in James Bay 350 kilometres north of Matagami
Reference number: 11661
Do challenges interest you? Are you a dynamic self-starter with a positive attitude? You’re not afraid of the mining field? Do you want to work in a stimulating work environment? This job offer is for you!
- Reporting to the Surface Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor, you will be responsible for preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance, including diagnostics, troubleshooting and repairs in instrumentation and control of all surface equipment.
- You will participate in the improvement and optimization of the process and equipment with the objective of boosting production performances, increasing equipment reliability, reducing maintenance and operating costs, and improving health and safety.
- You will also have to apply various procedures with the goal of achieving the highest levels in health and safety and environmental protection.
- Comply with, know and promote the regulations and company policies, particularly in health and safety.
- You will be responsible for making programming changes to the PLC (Allen-Bradley) and DCS (Emerson Delta-V) control systems.
- Update the technical documents and drawings (annotated in red).
- You have a diploma of college studies in instrumentation and control or its equivalent (Technical DEC).
- You must hold a C licence in electricity.
- The position requires at least five (5) years’ experience in plant maintenance in a mining or heavy industry environment.
- You will have strong experience in the process instrumentation and control field, 600-volt motor control centres, networking, variable frequency drives, PLC (Allen-Bradley) and DCS (Emerson Delta-V), measuring instruments (level, flow, pressure, density, analysis, etc.) and control valves.
- Knowledge of information technology. MS Office Suite, PI, SAP (an asset).
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence mandatory.
- Bilingual in French and English (an asset).
- Ability to analyze and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Reading engineering and supplier plans.
- Organizational ability and teamwork.
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment.
- Adaptability and good communication.
- Competitive salary, including a full range of benefits (vacation, insurance, pension plan, travel expenses)
- Gym, entertainment room, unlimited access to high-speed Internet, cell phone networks and activities organized by the social club on site.
- Medical services on site and employee assistance programs.
- Lodging and varied meals provided on site.
- Transportation by air from and to Montréal, Chibougamau, Rouyn-Noranda (depending on the place of residence) to get to the mine site.
- 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
Interested persons must send us their resumes via the corporate website at www.newmont.com/careers no later than April 5th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.