OPEN POSITION: The School Board is looking for candidates to fill the role of teacher for the school year 2020-2021 (contract position)
Instructor – Medical Secretarial Studies
LOCATION OF WORK: Chisasibi – Sabtuan Adult Education Services
COMPETITION NO: CHI-3785
NATURE OF WORK
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking a dynamic, experienced professional teach the upcoming Medical Secretarial Studies program in the Cree Nation of Chisasibi.
The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, along with a professional demeanour, and has a proven ability to transmit information in a clear, professional, and understandable manner.
The instructor will prepare the course, deliver material, and evaluate students through the completion of the program. They will communicate details about attendance and student progress to Sabtuan Adult Education Services administrators and maintain the safety of their teaching environment.
Individuals who have previously worked as a teacher/trainer in the health care facility, or who have a strong interest in helping others learn the skills to become an office clerk, a secretary or a receptionist in a health care facility, are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Program:
The program is an accredited vocational training program that prepares students with the skills required to integrate harmoniously into work environments, to transcribe and produce medical documents, to communicate in the workplace, to greet clients and to prepare and update their files and to carry out administrative tasks specific to a medical environment.
A course outline is available at:
- Degree or diploma from a recognized University or College in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
- Demonstrated patience and ability to teach adult learners
- Minimum 5 years of experience related field
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation
- Adequate knowledge in electronic records, medical records and billing, medical office and clinic practice
- Ability to prepare and develop teaching
- Ability to develop, administer, mark exams to evaluate trainees’ progress
- English proficiency is required
- French and Cree are an asset
- A Quebec teaching permit or brevet is a definite asset
SALARY & BENEFITS
As per the Teachers Collective Agreement of the Board. In addition to the basic salary calculated from the qualification and experience, we offer also Northern and Retention Allowances, subsidized housing, annual outings and other advantages.
Salary as per the contract:
Salary* (min – $42,431.00 – max $82,585.00)
Additional benefits may include:
Northern Allowance* ($8,484.00 – $13,573.00)
Retention Premium* ($3,500 – $5,000)
*Ranges and additional benefits are subject to
qualifications and collective agreement.
Contractual position according to collective agreement conditions.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible.
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate the competition #: CHI-3785
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
December 18, 2020
END OF POSTING
January 22, 2021 3:00 PM.
In the above text, the masculine form also includes feminine forms.