This is an Internal and External posting. Priority shall be given to Cree Beneficiaries.
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking a dynamic, experienced professional to teach the upcoming Institutional Home-Care Assistance program in the Cree Nation of Chisasibi.
In this job, you will:
- Prepare and deliver the course using Quebec curriculum/modules.
- Develop, administer, and mark exams.
- Evaluate students through the completion of the program.
- Communicate details about attendance and student progress to administration.
- Maintain the safety of the teaching environment.
The ideal candidate is:
- Patient, knowledgeable, and passionate about helping others build their skills.
- Experienced in teaching, training, and/or presenting the information.
- Interested in working in a beautiful, serene Northern Indigenous community and support
Cree capacity building.
- Demonstrated patience and ability to teach adult learners
The Institutional Home-Care Assistance program (program code 5858) is an 870-hour
vocational program. The teacher will be responsible for teaching and evaluating all required
competencies. Program information is available at inforouteftp.org.
More information on working for the Cree School Board is available at eeyoueducation.ca/org/join.
You may also send any questions about the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*In the above text, includes both the masculine and feminine forms*
- Registered nurse or with a relevant degree or diploma from an accredited university or college in nursing, or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and clinical experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in related field.
- Previous teaching experience in home care assistance is a definite asset.
- Skills in the use of patient care equipment.
- Computer literacy for completion of required teaching tasks.
- English proficiency is required. French and Cree are an asset.
- A Quebec teaching permit or brevet is a definite asset
- Salary as per the contract: $42,341 to $82,585
- Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
- Retention Premium: $3,500 to $5,000
- *Ranges and benefits are subject to qualifications and collective agreement.
- Contract position, according to the Collective Agreement.
- as soon as possible.
To apply, please complete the Application Form here. Please indicate the competition number #CHI-4011 All documents must be submitted in PDF format.