INSTITUTIONAL HOME-CARE ASSISTANCE TEACHER
Department: Sabtuan Adult Education Services | Waskaganish
Please indicate the competition number # WASK-4323
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking a dynamic, experienced professional to teach the upcoming Institutional Home-Care Assistance program in the Cree Nation of Waskaganish.
In this job, you will:
- Prepare and deliver the course using Quebec curriculum/modules.
- Develop, administer, and mark exams.
- Evaluate students through the completion of the program.
- Communicate details about attendance and student progress to administration.
- Maintain the safety of the teaching environment.
The ideal candidate is:
- Patient, knowledgeable, and passionate about helping others build their skills.
- Experienced in teaching, training, and/or presenting information.
- Interested in working in a beautiful, serene Northern Indigenous community and support Cree capacity building.
- Demonstrated patience and ability to teach adult learners
- Registered nurse or with a relevant degree or diploma from an accredited university or college in nursing, or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and clinical experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in related field.
- Previous teaching experience in home care assistance is a definite asset.
- Skills in the use of patient care equipment.
- Computer literacy for completion of required teaching tasks.
- English proficiency is required. French and Cree are an asset.
- A Quebec teaching permit or brevet is a definite asset
Salary as per the contract: $42,341 to $82,585
Northern Allowance: $10, 015-$17, 562
Retention Premium: $5,500 to $7,000
*Ranges and benefits are subject to qualifications and collective agreement.
Contract position, according to the Collective Agreement.
Start date: To be discussed
The Institutional Home-Care Assistance program program (program code 5858) is a 870 hour vocational program. The teacher will be responsible for teaching and evaluating all required competencies. Program information is available at inforouteftp.org.
Application Deadline: August 12, 2022 (3:00 pm)
*In the above text, includes both the masculine and feminine forms*
To apply, please complete the Application Form here. All documents must be submitted in PDF format.