Site: Having as its operations center Chibougamau works in the communities of Chibougamau, Chapais, Ouje-Bougoumou, Waswanipi and Mistissini.
Eeyou Communications Network is seeking eager and interested employees at least 18 years of age or older to work as installation technicians for fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) services.
Applicants should have completed Secondary 3 level. Installation technicians will be responsible for the installation of fiber optic cables to the homes. They will be required to assist technical specialists in the installation process and will observe techniques in fibre management. They will also provide translation services when necessary (Cree).
Installation technicians at ECN must have excellent customer service skills into action as you provide direct support and guidance and respond to customer inquiries related to our products and services.
The positions are for a determined duration of 3 to 6 months, after which some full-time positions might become available.
Residents in every communities listed above are eligible to apply. All information will be confidential and subject to review.
A five day paid training is necessary.
- Install TV, telephone and Internet service at customer’s home and explain the basics of the services to the customer;
- Undertake fibre optic network deployment works;
- Wire poles and buildings with appropriate tools;
- Perform tests;
- Use specialized equipment for analysis and repair;
- Fix the fibre optic wiring;
- Carry out basic verification and maintenance;
- Work in collaboration with the Operation Analyst;
- Fill out work order forms on an electronic device (smartphone or Ipad);
- Drive a work vehicle;
- Any other related tasks.
- Asset: Vocational Diploma in electronics – Cable and Telecommunication Equipment Repairer or an equivalent diploma;
- Asset: experience installing cabling in homes;
- Any other relevant experience.
- Good physical condition;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Attention to detail;
- Bilingual French/English preferred;
- Speaking Cree is an asset.
40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.