INFORMATION OFFICER (1244)
DEPARTMENT: Pre-Hospital & Emergency Measures (500012)
WORK LOCATION: Mistissini
STATUS: 1- Permanent Full Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $24.46 – Max. (18) $40.98
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who, based on her/his extensive knowledge of the needs and expectations of her/his work environment, contributes to defining the information and communication objectives and programs. She/he updates the methods and implements activities aimed at promoting the circulation of information and improving communications within the organization. She/he participates in the evaluation and conception of general internal and external information programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline;
- Three (3) years of pertinent experience;
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of the MSSS Network and the Cree Communities;
- Problem solving, public/community relations orientation, awareness of the realities of First Nations;
- Ability in the identification and analysis of the information needs in the communities;
- Ability in planning, analysis, synthesis and marked ability in priority management;
- Top computer skills, experience with web site development master the MS Office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), MS Publisher, Macromedia Dreamweaver (Or equivalent web development software);
- Ability in administrative procedures and program planning and monitoring, including the development of policies and program handbooks;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and team work skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
- Fluent in English.
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
Posting start/end date: 2019-11-08/2019-11-22 Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1 Hours per day/week: 7/35
Lodging provided Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and/or posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.