The Industrial Hygienist technician is part of the Health and Safety team. He/She is responsible for the continuous improvement and quality control process of the work environment for various available work positions at Eleonore.
- Ensuring the sampling of chemical contaminants and writing results analysis reports
- Communicate the results analysis well with various departments and key individuals
- Work collaboratively to accomplish the right function of industrial hygiene programs and management.
- To ensure the maintenance in good conditions and the good functionality of the various measuring instruments necessary for its tasks
- Perform thermal stress tests and produce analysis reports
- Identify the aggressors at the different workstations and analyse the workers’ exposure to them.
- Inform workers of the risks they face to their health and safety and explain how they can be affected
- Ensuring quality measures of confined spaces
- Actively participate in prevention in the workplace
- Ensure the development and monitoring of the respiratory protection programme
- Ensure the development and monitoring of the audience protection program
- Ensure the development and monitoring of the ergonomics protection program
- Ensuring the development and monitoring of the fatigue management protection program
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All other related tasks
- College studies diploma in workplace environmental health and safety or a related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ relevant experience in an industrial setting
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7 (asset)
- General explosives permit (asset)
- Bilingualism (asset)
- Good communication skills
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Partnership and teamwork
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than August 23, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.