Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
In this role, you work with business leaders on training and development initiatives. You bring expertise and leadership to the needs analysis, design, implementation and evaluation phases of training activities.
You also ensure that human, material and budgetary resources are used as efficiently as possible.
- Review training needs and suggest innovative, relevant solutions to determine and deliver the annual Indigenous training plan
- Bring expertise and leadership to the research, design, adaptation, planning and implementation phases of training activities
- Provide related consulting to departments (News, Programming, Regional Media, People & Culture, etc.)
- Facilitate training sessions as needed
- Organize training sessions
- Solicit proposals from external training providers
- Help develop projects related to your role
- Manage internships
- Act as a mentor and mediator to employees and internal clients
- Sit on committees related to your role
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, history, sociology, education, political science or Indigenous studies, or any other relevant combination of training
- Three (3) or more years’ experience teaching about Indigenous issues
- Extensive knowledge of Indigenous history, issues and realities
- Experience assessing needs as well as developing teaching tools/strategies and learning evaluation tools
- Solid communications and interpersonal skills; gifted at building business relationships with clients
- Good diplomacy skills
- Project management experience
- Strong ability to synthesize
- Good writing skills
- Good research skills
- English and French, spoken and written
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
Status of Employment: Permanent – Work schedule(s): Full-time
Primary Location: Montreal. Due to the pandemic this position is temporarily a full-time teleworking position
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Job Posting Date: Sep 28, 2021,