JOB TITLE: HYDROMETALLURGIST
EEYOU ITSCHEE BAIE-JAMES POLE
Reporting to the Director, Technology and Innovation, Eeyou-Istchee James-Bay Pole, the Hydro metallurgist is responsible for optimizing hydrometallurgical processes. He ensures that production targets, metallurgical yields and operating costs are met. He adheres to the company’s principles by adopting a behavior oriented towards health and safety, the environment and sustainable development.
He participates in the technological selection and development of technical innovations associated with mining and processing operations, as well as with the company’s various projects. He uses his expertise to fulfill the company’s innovation potential on all projects. He oversees the innovation projects entrusted to him.
He liaises with the parties involved and defines requirements, scope, and objectives. He ensures that needs are met as the project evolves.
- Provide technical support in hydrometallurgy for the development of secondary transformation projects (carbonate, hydroxide).
- Plan and coordinate laboratory and demonstration plant trials to optimize metallurgical yields.
- Monitor and benchmark technologies and processes.
- Ensure integration between existing and future plants.
- Develop or commission metallurgical balances and monitor performance indicators.
- Ensure technological development of lithium hydroxide projects.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams from the pole and operational functions.
- Contribute to the selection and development of technological development models to provide innovative solutions to operational challenges.
- Participate in the industrialization of the process by providing the necessary technical data: definition of requirements and technical specifications for the definition of equipment and plants.
- Conduct development and optimization studies for mineralurgy and hydrometallurgy processes.
- Assist the procurement team in defining technical specifications for equipment.
- Carry out technical analyses and audits of existing or ongoing projects in his field of expertise.
- Participate in verification studies as part of acquisition negotiations.
- Any other tasks related to the performance of his duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in metallurgical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry or metallurgy, or another relevant field.
- Minimum 15 years’ relevant experience in the field.
- Knowledge of pyrometallurgy an asset.
- Ability to travel regularly within Quebec, Montreal and occasionally outside the country.
- Good computer and MS Office skills.
- Bilingualism an asset. English required.
- Cree an asset.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to work as part of a team with other departments.
- Organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptability and openness to change.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Work location: Home base flexibility but regular visits to the Montreal head office.
- Schedule : 40 hours per week.
- Annual performance bonus.
- Group insurance and very competitive pension plan.
- 8 floating vacations to be used each year as you see fit.
- Professional development, training, and opportunities for advancement.
- A friendly, dynamic team just waiting for you.
Does this position appeal to you? Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now at https://www.sayona.ca/carriere/. We look forward to meeting you!
Please note that the masculine gender has been used in the job description to lighten the text. Regardless of your gender, your application will be treated with integrity and professionalism.
Sayona thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.