- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level College
Department: Human Resources
Salary Grade 3: (Min. $39,009.00 – Max. $58,514.00)
The Human Resources Technician is responsible for providing professional and administrative support to the Director of Human Resources and the human resources team.
- Maintain and update Cree Nation Government’s organizational charts and positions nomenclature.
- Arrange travel schedule and make reservations for human resources staff.
- Monitor and produce letters for: end of probation, employment attestations, and salary modifications (includes additional responsibilities) and inform the Human Resources Officer and Payroll for changes when necessary.
- Prepare letters for end of contracts.
- Support logistics for recruitment functions including but not limited to job and career fairs (Cree School Board, Cree Human Resources Development, etc.).
- Support the implementation of the training and development initiatives in collaboration with other HR professionals.
- Support the communication and monitoring of the performance assessment process.
- Notify manager of due dates for performance evaluations.
- Monitor personnel assessment receipt and follows up on late evaluations.
- Compile performance assessment information by departments/employees/results and submit document to Payroll for yearly salary adjustments.
- Take a flexible approach to relevant issues and act promptly to ensure situations are dealt with appropriately and effectively.
- Administer and coordinate various department-related meetings such as setting up appointments, preparing meeting notices, and recording the minutes of meetings (e.g., staff meetings).
- Produce memos for all staff distribution (HR updates, holidays, etc.).
- Prepare, input, edit and proofread correspondence, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and other human resources related material.
- Maintain the human resources website and social media.
- Provide customer service, screen and direct telephone calls, take and relay messages, answer questions from employees and the general public regarding human resources questions, respond to employment verification requests, and other requests for information, redirect inquiries as appropriate.
- Review, redirect, process and facilitate incoming and outgoing regular and electronic correspondence and paperwork so as to provide prompt and appropriate action with respect to inquiries, concerns and issues in a timely manner.
- Answer and/or coordinate responses to all administrative inquiries received from the Director.
- Research, compile and analyze data for special HR projects and reports.
- Arrange travel schedule and make reservations for HR staff.
- Process invoices and expense reports.
- Maintain calendar of human resources team.
- Make travel arrangements (transportation and accommodations) for all recruitment activities.
- Order promotional items for career fairs.
- Collect, manage and update employee data and personnel files.
- Set up, update and maintain an efficient and effective electronic and manual filing system (correspondence and related administrative records) including the electronic HR library.
- Compile reports by entering data in the HR spreadsheets databases.
- Maintain official human resources policy manual, procedure annual, and other related policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports as required by the role.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification
- College diploma in Administration or related field.
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in verbal Cree is an asset.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From November 13, 2019 to November 28, 2019
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: HR-191103-1