Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc. has a rewarding career opportunity for a Human. Resources Manager. The candidate will be responsible for all human resources operations and programs of the organization according to the established laws, by-laws, and policies.
Specifically, the incumbent must research, develop, coordinate, plan, oversee and evaluate. policies, programs, and activities related, but not limited to the areas of staffing, compensation. and benefits, occupational health and safety, performance management, professional development, employee relations, employee engagement and organizational development.
About the Company
Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc. acts as the development corporation of the Ouje-Bougoumou Cree Nation. As it carries a diversified portfolio of businesses for the Band, great opportunities. exist to further develop its resource businesses and commercial ventures to contribute to local. business and economic development.
Mr. Randy Bosum Chief Executive Officer Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc.
203 Opemiska Meskino
Ouje-Bougoumou, QC GOW 3C0 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Office: (418) 745-2519 ext:224
Fax: (418) 745-3544
*Please kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. We thank you for your interest.
Title: Human Resources Manager
Company: Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc.
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
Effective Date: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, review, implement and communicate Human Resources programs, processes, policies, including the Policies Manual, and procedures to ensure proper management of Human Resources related matters. Ensure compliance with all relevant provincial and federal laws and regulations
- Contribute to the development of an annual operational plan for human resources, and follow-up regularly on the progresses made to the plan.
- Manage the recruitment, the selection process including need analysis, job postings, interviewing and employment offers.
- Assist managers with new employees’ onboarding and the management of probation period.
- Implement and ensure the administration of the compensation plans, including programs and salary reviews.
- Manage initiatives pertaining to health and safety and ensure a prompt resolution of workplace health and safety issues, including the administration of CNESST (former CSST) claims.
- Maintain the organizational structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Assist managers in the identification of training needs, recommend solutions and training and development.
- Oversee the performance management process and guide managers through the process including supporting them with the development of team and individual objectives.
- Conduct investigation pertaining to harassment complaints, manage resolution of problematic situations and ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Track and manage employee sick leaves and ensure all documentation and approvals are completed and submitted in Support Payroll in the administration of such leaves.
- Ensure and promote on-going, effective, and open communication with Keep staff. Members informed of decisions that impact them and/or their entity.
- Advise and support managers with all HR matters (i.e., attendance, performance, disciplinary measures, hiring, etc.)
- Respond to employee inquires regarding human resources matters.
- Ensure all hiring documentation is filled out and signed and forward it to
- Maintain employees’ files up-to-date and records on employee activities and such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, absenteeism, compensation, and trainings, prepare, analyze, and distribute reports.
- Prepare Record of Employment (ROE) and T4 in a timely manner.
- Maintain human resources information system (HRIS) that supports business operating and reporting needs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge as skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or in a related field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Diligence and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to be discreet and maintain an important level of confidentiality
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products
- Fluency in Cree and English
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Application: Must be received by 4:00PM, Friday, July 17, 2023