Human Resources Manager Ref.: 24220
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Manager, Human Resources reports to the Vice President, Human Resources – North America. The Manager, Human Resources is a senior level business partner to the General Manager and site leadership team and is responsible for leadership and execution of site HR programs and activities in alignment with the global HR strategy. The Manager, Human leads the Eleonore site to live our organization’s values, which are safety, integrity, sustainable development, inclusion and responsibility.
- Work closely with the site leadership team to develop, manage and implement site HR programs, processes and policies to support the achievement of site business objectives
- Work with leaders to anticipate future human capital requirements based on business, industry and market conditions; develop longer-term strategies for workforce management
- Lead site labour relations strategy and effectively manage relationship with site goodwill committee.
- Work in close collaboration with site health Service to ensure effective management of absenteeism program including vocational based absenteeism with CNESST.
- Provide pro-active guidance and coaching to employees and leaders in the areas of performance management, policy interpretation and implementation, and human rights and employment legislation
- Manage employee relations, including counselling line management and employees to achieve resolutions; oversee HR investigations and resolution of HR-related ethics complaints
- Implement talent management programs at site, such as performance management, talent assessment, employee development, succession planning and graduate development
- Support global HR projects and strategic initiatives to enable performance and engagement within the organization
- Partner with Regional HR team on strategic talent management objectives to attract, retain and engage critical talent
- Contribute to the development of the regional Inclusion & Diversity strategy and act as a change leader and coach for site Inclusion & Diversity goals
- Lead site workforce planning, aligned with business planning cycle and according to business goals
- Manage the collection and analysis of key data for global reporting initiatives and to support HR decision-making
- Provide leadership to direct reports and foster an environment of development encouraging growth of team members
- Manage site HR and town and camp budgets, continuously identifying opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Consult with the Regional HR team and leverage the centralized resources within Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition and HR Service Delivery to deliver site HR solutions that solve problems, improve existing processes and drive organizational culture
- 10+ years’ managerial experience successfully planning, leading and implementing innovative HR programs and practices
- Relevant experience in large multinational public companies with high complexity and scale in industries such as manufacturing or extractive industry sites is desired (mining, automotive, oil and gas, cement, etc.)
- Union relations and union collective agreement negotiation experience would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with adaptability to work with all areas of the business
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both English and French
- Ability to manage multiple and often competing priorities and objectives
- Experience coaching employees and management through complex issues
- Strong communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Proven leadership capabilities especially in the areas of strategic thinking, collaborating, influencing and driving results
- Continuously adapts to changes and effectively navigates through ambiguity
- Ability to operate in a highly matrix and dynamic organization
- High ethical standards
- Adaptable to different cultures and working styles with a focus on fostering an inclusive work environment
WORK SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
- Schedule: 8 days of work followed by 6 days of rest; 4 days of work followed by 3 days of rest or a 4X3 rotation.
- Eleonore Mine Site
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than JUNE 27TH, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
his position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, priortoyouranticipatedstartdate. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.