LOCATION OF WORK
To be determined – Human Resources
NATURE OF WORK
Reporting to the Human Resources Coordinator for Staffing, the HR Advisor, Teacher Recruitment is responsible for the application of Human Resources policies and programs in support of the Cree School Board (CSB) mission, vision and values. More specifically, the HR Advisor, Teacher Recruitment will contribute to develop, support and execute strategies, as well as perform operations and deliver solutions in the areas of attraction, selection and onboarding of Teachers. The Human Resources Advisor, Teacher Recruitment will develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders (including hiring managers, Human Resources team, etc.) in order to better understand current and future recruitment needs, job vacancy position requirements and optimum sourcing channels for the organization.
- Contribute to the development of the departmental strategic initiatives and action plans regarding the attraction, selection and onboarding of teachers; support and execute these initiatives and action plans.
- Participate in the development and implementation of up-to-date efficient and effective systems, databases/files and administrative standards that respond to the recruitment needs of the school board
- Effectively use the Applications Tracking System (ATS) for accurate data analysis and reporting (contribute to data integrity efforts).
- Contribute to the development and implementation of recruitment and onboarding processes, procedures and policies. Support compliance within client groups.
- Participate in the development and implementation of relevant HR programs. Monitor customer satisfaction and liaise with program owner for adjustments.
- Establish and maintain effective communications and relations with candidates, hiring managers, other stakeholders across the CSB and external stakeholders.
- Provide day-to-day support and advice to internal clients regarding attraction, selection and onboarding of Teachers.
- Support internal stakeholders with the identification and analysis of staffing needs. Collaborate in workforce planning.
- Provide guidance and coaching to hiring managers and other employees in the recruitment process, especially for Teachers. Support internal stakeholders with attraction, recruitment, selection and onboarding activities by developing and implementing relevant and efficient processes, procedures and tools (job postings and job descriptions, conducting interviews, hiring process, etc.). Monitor and adjust as required. Educate, consult and transfer knowledge of staffing practices to internal stakeholders, including hiring managers and Staffing support staff.
- Benchmark and introduce Leading Practices and innovative ideas to the CSB.
- Develop and maintain strong relations with all stakeholders as it relates to the recruitment process.
- Participate in the development and regular review of the branding activities (including Employee Value Proposition) of the CSB, develop and manage associated materials and communications.
- Develop and maintain proactive relationships with external recruitment partners (including universities) as well as with potential candidates.
- Plan for and participate in job fairs, organize recruitment and onboarding events specific to the Cree School Board.
- Plan for and participate in Teacher Orientation and on-boarding events, workshops and informational sessions. Maintain the teaching personnel plan, working closely with the school Principals to keep the information up-to-date.
- Responsible for assisting the process through which the Board declares its annual teaching staffing needs, the process through which the Board declares any excess of teachers, following the order of priority for teacher contracts and taking into account teacher intentions to plan for the following school year.
- Participate in coaching, developing and supervising the Staffing support staff.
- Pursue own professional development in order to enhance personal and organizational capacity, as well as meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Represent department and organization, as required.
- Any other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Certification:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study certifying a minimum three-year university program or hold a senior executive or senior staff position, excluding a manager position, in a school board for which an undergraduate degree is required under the minimum qualifications.
- 2 years of relevant experience (Teaching experience will be considered as relevant experience).
- Fluency in English and French.
- Cree is an asset.
KEY COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Strong technical knowledge in the relevant areas of Human Resources, specifically Staffing.
- Solid leadership skills with strong presentation, oral and written communication skills. • Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to Build Trust.
- Solid planning and organization skills Demonstrated ability to work effectively across all levels and functions of the Cree School Board and to develop strong organizational knowledge and relationships.
- Results oriented with problem solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage change.
- Ability to build personal and organizational capacity through continuous improvement.
- Ability to promote teamwork within and across departments.
- Ability to handle confidential information and sensitive situations appropriately.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office essential.
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems an asset.
- Ability and flexibility to work remotely while traveling.
Other/ working conditions
- Extensive and prolonged travel required, with a peak period being from approximately January to March; necessity to work from a more central location (ex: Montreal) for the duration of the peak period.
- Annual holidays must be scheduled outside peak staffing and onboarding periods; no vacation may be scheduled or taken during the month of July.
- Permanent, Full-Time Position
- Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Annual Salary: Minimum: $ 78,660.00 Maximum: $ 104,878.00
- Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
- *Benefits and working conditions according to the ByLaw regarding the Conditions of Employment of Management and according internal procedures.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT To be determined.
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI, QC G0W 1C0
Fax: (418) 923-2073
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3627
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
June 9, 2020
END OF POSTING
June 22, 2020 5:00 PM