LOCATION OF WORK
HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES MISTISSINI
NATURE OF WORK
- Reporting to the Coordinator – Learning & Development, the HR Advisor – Learning & Development is responsible for the application of Learning & Development policies and programs in support of the Cree School Board’s (CSB) mission, vision and values.
- More specifically, the HR Advisor will contribute to the development and implementation of the CSB’s Learning & Development strategy and programs aimed at staff training and development.
- This position will act as a partner to managers and employees to provide learning and development expertise, support, and coaching, and also to identify training needs and propose solutions that will result in enhanced capacity and performance for staff.
- To achieve success in this position, the HR Advisor must develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders to better understand current and future training and development needs and requirements for the organization.
- The HR Advisor leads by example, fosters a spirit of teamwork, engages employees, and facilitates a workplace culture in keeping with the CSB organizational values.
- Provide day-to-day Learning & Development support, advice, guidance and coaching to various internal stakeholders (managers and employees).
- Support internal stakeholders with the identification and analysis of Learning & Development needs as well as with developing programs and initiatives to address identified needs.
- Develop and organize group trainings as required.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the departmental strategic initiatives and the annual action plan.
- Support the development, implementation and compliance review of Learning & Development processes, procedures, and policies.
- Participate in the implementation and monitoring of the professional improvement requests, as per the related policies.
- Monitor Learning & Development success metrics and participant satisfaction levels and proactively identify and implement adjustments to programs and initiatives as needed.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of up-to-date efficient and effective Learning & Development systems, databases, and files.
- Establish and maintain effective communications and relations with Learning & Development stakeholders across the CSB (managers, employees, union representatives) as well as with external stakeholders (service providers, legal advisors, etc.).
- Research and introduce best practices and innovative ideas to the CSB.
- Educate, consult, and transfer knowledge of best practices to internal stakeholders.
- Represent department and organization, as required.
- Collaborate closely with the Learning & Development Administrative Officer.
- Support other related duties, as assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Education, Administration, or any relevant field.
- 2 years of relevant experience.
- Teaching, training, and facilitation experience will be considered an asset. Strong technical knowledge in HR and learning and development.
- Bilingualism in two of the three official languages of the Board (French, English, or Cree).
KEY COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Solid leadership skills with strong communication skills.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently to complete deliverables and achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trust.
- Ability to manage change, build personal and organizational capacity through continuous improvement.
- Results oriented and interest in taking on new challenges and more complex mandates.
- Promote teamwork within and across departments.
Permanent full-time position.
- $78, 660.00 – $104,878.00
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
- *Given the current salary regulations and guidelines at the Cree School Board, candidates from another Quebec School Board will be able to obtain a salary as per the scale above-mentioned. However, candidates that are not from the education sector are not eligible to a salary above the midpoint of the position’s salary scale.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible. Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3959 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format. In you have any questions, contact email@example.com
DATE OF POSTING: August 12, 2021
END OF POSTING: August 25, 2021 5:00 PM