OPEN POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR – Learning & Development
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3709
LOCATION OF WORK HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES – MISTISSINI
NATURE OF WORK
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Advisor – Learning & Development is responsible for the application of Human Resources policies and programs in support of the Cree School
Board (CSB) mission, vision and values, especially regarding the training and overall development of its
More specifically, the HR Advisor will act as a partner to managers and employees (of respective client groups) and will provide expertise, support and coaching in the areas of learning, training, and development. The HR Advisor – Learning &
Development is also responsible for identifying training needs and propose solutions that will result in
enhanced capability and performance. In addition, the incumbent will develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders in order to better understand current and future training needs and development requirements for the organization.
In addition, the HR Advisor will contribute to the development and implementation of HR strategy and
programs for the CSB aimed at the training and development of teachers.
The HR Advisor leads by example, fosters a spirit of teamwork, engages employees and facilitates a
workplace culture in keeping with the CSB organizational values.
- Contribute to the development of the departmental strategic initiatives and annual action plan
regarding learning & development.
- Support the Director in the development and monitoring of departmental strategies, objectives, policies and programs. Identify opportunities for adjustment, as required.
- Participate in the development and implementation of up-to-date efficient and effective systems,
databases/ files and administrative standards that respond to the learning & development needs of
the school board.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of learning & development processes, procedures and policies. Support compliance within client groups.
- Participate in the development and implementation of relevant HR programs. Monitor customer
satisfaction and liaise with program owner for adjustments.
- Establish and maintain effective communications and relations within his/her sector, across the CSB and with external stakeholders.
- Provide day-to-day support and advice to internal client groups regarding learning & development.
- Support internal stakeholders with the identification and analysis of learning & development needs.
- Provide guidance and coaching to managers and employees in the learning & development processes.
- Educate, consult and transfer knowledge of best practices to internal stakeholders. Benchmark and
introduce Leading Practices and innovative ideas to the CSB.
- Support internal stakeholders with learning & development activities by developing and implementing relevant and efficient processes, procedures and tools. Monitor and adjust as required.
- Develop and maintain strong relations with all stakeholders as it relates to the learning & development processes (union representatives, legal advisors, etc.).
- Support organization in the identification and analysis of development needs.
- Develop and conduct group training as required.
- Pursue own professional development in order to enhance personal and organizational capacity, as
well as meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Represent department and organization, as required.
- Any other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- B.A. in a relevant field such as Human Resources, Education or Administration.
- 2 years of relevant experience.
- Teaching experience will be considered an asset.
- Bilingualism is required, including at least two languages from the following: English, French and Cree.
KEY COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Strong technical knowledge in the relevant areas of Human Resources, specifically learning & development.
- Solid leadership skills with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to Build Trust.
- Solid planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across all levels and functions of the Cree School Board and to develop strong organizational knowledge and relationships.
- Results oriented with problem solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage change.
- Ability to build personal and organizational capacity through continuous improvement.
- Ability to promote teamwork within and across departments.
- Ability to handle confidential information and sensitive situations appropriately.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office essential.
- Travel required.
- Temporary full-time position.
*End date of mandate has been established as June 30, 2021.
$78, 660.00 – $104,878.00
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
*Benefits and working conditions according to the By-Law regarding the Conditions of Employment of Management and according internal procedures.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- As soon as possible.
September 25, 2020
END OF POSTING:
October 8, 2020 4:30 PM
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
Mistissini, Qc G0W 1C0
Fax: (418) 923-2073
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3709
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.