Posting # ADD-S-2122-0536
HUMAN RELATIONS OFFICER (1553)
|DEPARTMENT:||Social Services – CMC (656126)|
|STATUS:||2- Temporary Full-Time|
|HOURLY SALARY:||Min. (1) $27.08 – Max. (18) $47.98|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who designs, implements, updates, analyses and assesses activities in one or more social programs.
- Provides counselling and perform clinical supervision for the staff;
- Develops programs and organizes and facilitate group work and discussion cases;
- Identify and answer team’s needs;
- Contributes to the clinical training needs in social work;
- Work in close collaboration with the Social worker and with Coordinator to help improve the services;
- Works as part of an interdisciplinary team and in close partnership with Community Health Representative (CHR), Nurse, Social Assistance Technician, Doctor, Nutritionist, and various other community health services and staff;
- Establishes a relationship of respect and trust with patients, their family and the community members and applies principles of communication and therapeutic alliance;
- In collaboration with the Psychosocial team, develops with the family members, an intervention plan in order to respond to their specific needs;
- Assists patients and their family in setting personal goals by providing them with guidance;
- Encourages beneficiaries and their family in participating in community based programs or activities;
- Assists people by helping them cope with issues in their everyday lives, deal with their relationships, and solve personal and family problems, organising and managing packages of support to enable service beneficiaries to lead the fullest lives possible;
- Carries out psychosocial assessment, care, counselling, information and referral services for women and family in order to resolve psychosocial and emotional problems and allow the clienteles to increase their self-reliance, quality of life and social integration;
- Carries out all other related tasks upon the request of her/his immediate supervisor.
- Manage intake process.
- Depending on the given sphere of activities, must have the required university degree in social sciences, such as criminology, social work, sexology or psychology;
- A human relations officer who has the required university degree in social work and is a member of the Ordre professionnel des travailleurs sociaux du Québec may use the title of professional social worker;
- Two (2) years of relevant experience;
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication skills;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision‑making skills;
- Practical, attentive to detail and analytical;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and vigilance;
- High adaptability capacity;
- Open minded to other’s language, culture, values and beliefs;
- Available to travel to different communities;
- Good teaching skills;
- Teamwork skills;
- Autonomous, flexible, discrete and empathetic;
- Housing is not available.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
- This position may include on-call periods.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2022-07-13/2022-07-27|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.