Career Opportunity: Housing Program Generalist
Department: Commerce and Industry
Salary Grade 4: (Min. $45,431.00 – Max. $60,650.00)
The Housing Program Generalist will engage with Cree communities and its members to develop and implement private home ownership strategies and media programs that educate and inform people about private home ownership. The incumbent is also responsible for the development of programs and materials that educate and coach readiness, financial preparedness and information on preparing consumers for private home ownership.
- Develop and promote programs that illustrate and educate the benefits of equity building through private home ownership.
- Identify community training and development needs and plan activities related to the implementation of the Cree Nation Government Housing Strategy.
- Lead focus groups, coordinate workshops, and conduct research to support private home ownership in Eeyou Istchee.
- Develop and maintain content for the DCI Housing website, housing blog and for the DCI Private Ownership Show.
- Keep current on Cree Community and Cree Nation Government concerning Private Home ownership policies and statistics.
- Collaborate with Capital Works and Services in the maintenance and distribution of information on home constructions.
- Work in collaboration with other DCI managers to prepare funding proposals that support homeowner programs, training, and media campaigns.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the Capital Works and Services Home Code and Inspection Manual, and promote the information contained to aspiring homeowners.
- Promote positive relations and action plans with all external partners, such as Cree entities, communities, municipal governments, etc.
- Prepare and develop projects, programs, and other DCI initiatives to ensure operational needs such as training, monitoring, and client needs are met satisfactorily.
- Prepare and develop action planning for information and media dissemination on good private home readiness and responsible maintenance and repair of private homes.
- Develop and maintain various tracking tools to monitor outreach objectives.
- Respond to inquiries on any DCI social media forums and blogs.
- Prepare semiannual activity reports for the Director of Commerce and Industry.
- Prepare news releases and quarterly bulletins for public distribution via DCI social media and website.
- Prepare exit reports on all meetings, training, and public information campaigns.
- Prepare a consumer protection section for the Cree Nation Government annual report related to private housing.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College diploma in Administration, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in Cree and in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Must agree to undergo a criminal record check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From April 1, 2021 to April 16, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: DCI-210402-2