POSTING #: M-2324-0011
POSITION #: 0017
DIRECTOR – CHISASIBI REGIONAL HOSPITAL (0349)
DEPARTMENT: Regional Hospital Administration (730603)
WORK LOCATION: Chisasibi
MANAGEMENT LEVEL: Senior Manager
STATUS: 1 – Permanent Full Time
SALARY: Class 42: Min. $102,742 – Max. $133,565
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Regional Proximity Director for Regional Services, the incumbent provides leadership and ensures the quality of programs and services provided at the Eeyou Istchee Regional Hospital.
The incumbent collaborates with all the Direction of Professional Service and Quality Assurance (DPSQAs) and the Director of Medical Affairs and Services (DMAS) for the achievement of the Vision of the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB) by delivering programs and services that are aligned with the Strategic Regional Plan (SRP).
The incumbent is responsible to ensure all services under its jurisdiction are carried out according to the CBHSSJB’s vision pertaining to access and quality of care for the population of Eeyou Istchee. The incumbent will support the establishment of corridors of services, as well as the liaison and communications with the different partners of those corridors of services.
- Ensures the management, access, leadership, accountability, planning, organization, development, coordination, implementation, cultural safety, control, supervision, risk management, quality assurance program and Reporting as well as oversees the human, financial, material and information resources management, for all the services within its jurisdiction.
- Contributes to the definition, strategic and tactical planning, and development of the Hospital Services’ programs, policies, procedures and protocols, and other programming, evaluation and quality assurance functions, through a cross-appointment with the Pimuhteheu Group and collaboration with the DMAS and DPSQA Health, Psychosocial and Allied Health.
- Contributes to the planning and development of the organization’s major strategic projects and collaborates with all required departments for the planning and development of any projects related to its services.
- Ensures a good collaboration with Cree leadership (local and regional) and Cree economy actors in the planning and development of services.
- Contributes to the adaptation and cultural safety of the MSSS programs, guidelines and recommendations, in collaboration with the Nishiiyuu Group.
- Ensures the planning, organization and distribution of work based on clientele priorities, in a perspective of quality, effectiveness and efficiency of services and continuity of care.
- Ensures the accessibility, continuity, cultural safety and complementarity of the services dispensed by the Hospital with those offered by other resources within the region, the organization or externally through the corridors of services, in order to achieve a seamless integrated circle of care for the clients.
- Collaborates with the Nishiiyuu Group to incorporate the goals of Nishiiyuu and Traditional Knowledge and its care protocols and methods into service delivery, and for the development of program models that are guided by the principles of a seamless integrated circle of care and interdisciplinary approach, organized by population age groups and the principles of Miyupimaatisiiun prevention/promotion and community-centeredness.
- Advises the Regional Proximity Director – Regional Services on the situation of Hospital services, the organization of Hospital services, and developments within the Ministry of Health and Social Services of Quebec (MSSS) that affect the Hospital.
- Collaborates with the Head of Midwifery services in the implementation of midwifery services at the Eeyou Istchee Regional Hospital.
- Ensures the organization, coordination and delivery of services twenty-four (24) hours a day, 7 days a week, to the entire population of Eeyou Istchee, including advice and support for clinical and service matters to the nine (9) Community Miyupimaatisiiun Centre (CMC).
- Oversees the direct management of the hospital’s prevention and control of infections function.
- Ensures preparedness for the implementation of the organization’s emergency and pandemic plans.
- Participates to the inter-regional committee with the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) on securing and organizing supplementary resources for specialists and specialized services in general.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in administration or science or with a health or social related specialization and five (5) years experience in management in a health or social services setting or public organization. A bachelor degree in
administration is an asset.
- Bachelor degree in administration or science or with a health or social related specialization and eight (8) years experience in management in a health or social services setting or public organization. A certificate in administration is an asset.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Excellent knowledge of the MSSS programs, laws and regulations, RUIS Network and orientations, including Public Health, CHSSC (formerly CLSC), Hospital Services, Medical Services, CHSLD (seniors’ home), etc.;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with acute and long-term care;
- Strong knowledge of strategic planning of programs, integrated programs and services, professional and organizational interdependence, information management, risk management, quality assurance, cultural safety and
- Strong knowledge of strategic planning, organization coordination of programs and services, and budget planning;
- Strong knowledge of current issues and trends in human resources management, operational delivery planning, organization, coordination, supervision and quality assurance systems;
- Strong knowledge, leadership, line management skills in coordination and management of budget planning, financial, human, material and information resources and risk management;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with departments staff/functional in a line-staff organization
- Ability to both lead and manage the planning and development of new services and programs, and to maintain the quality assurance of existing services and programs;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nations health and social services programming;
- Ability to apply Eeyou (Cree) culture and values in the workplace, and into programs and services;
- Knowledge of Cree culture is an asset;
- Experience and/or ability in establishing and maintaining viable relationships with community members, leadership and related Cree entities;
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and processes;
- Ability to deal with pressure and respect of deadlines, to propose solutions to improve accessibility, quality and continuity of customer services as well as work organization in order to contribute to updating the continuum
services in a context of labor shortage;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, decision-making, planning and organizational skills;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and able to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, respectful leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, encompassing listening, writing and presentation skills;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader and as an informal leader;
- Good ability in human relations, coaching and mediation skills;
- Strong knowledge in administrative computer applications, and management information systems;
- Serve as a positive role model for staff and clients;
- Experience of work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Willing to travel
POSTING START/END DATE: 2023-11-17/2023-12-01
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7/35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to our website https://creehealth.org/home -> Careers -> Job Opportunities
Cree Board of Health & Social Services James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
Need assistance or have questions? Email us email@example.com
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.-