TITLE: HEAVY-EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
STATUS: FULL-TIME PERMANENT
Under the general direction of the Road Maintenance Manager but more specifically under the Road Maintenance Supervisor, the Heavy Equipment Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance, repairs and inspection of band owned heavy machinery and heavy vehicles in order to maintain quality standards and ensure that resources are properly and safely used.
- Plans work procedures using manufacturer’s charts, technical manuals, and experience;
- Performs maintenance (actual and preventative) on heavy machinery and heavy vehicles; detects malfunctions on material, equipment, and accessories;
- Inspects the heavy machinery and heavy vehicles to ensure that they are in good and safe condition;
- Performs all necessary repairs on heavy machinery and heavy vehicles, as required;
- Ensures the cleanliness of outdoor and indoor facilities, including mobile vehicles and equipment;
- Reports all maintenance concerns, repairs required and unsafe conditions the Head Mechanic;
- Maintains an inventory of parts and materials required for work. Collaborates with Warehouse Clerk to ensure parts and materials required for repairs are available at all times and keep the Roads Maintenance Manager informed about purchasing needs.
- Records tasks used in the equipment logbook and follow a work order system;
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility through attendance at meetings, conferences, and training seminars;
- Acts as a back-up/replacement for one or more members of the Roads & Walkways Maintenance Department;
- Performs other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic Diploma or Certificate;
- Minimum three years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of heavy machinery equipment mechanic function
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work with diagnostic tools
- Work may require frequent considerable physical effort.
- Must work according to regulatory standards
- Must be willing to work with flexible hours evenings, weekends or holidays;
- Work will be performed outdoors in sometimes extreme conditions;
- Spoken fluency in Cree and English;
- Written fluency in English, Fluency in French is an asset;
- Class 5 and a class 3 Drivers licenses will be considered an asset.
Job Class 4:
Minimum: $ 48,260.62
Midpoint: $ 60,325.85
Maximum: $ 72,390.94
DATE OF POSTING: February 16, 2023
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 01, 2023
PLEASE ADDRESS ALL APPLICATIONS TO:
Andrew Neeposh, Director of Human Resources
Cree Nation of Mistissini
187 Main Street
Mistissini, Qc G0W 1C0
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST PROVIDE CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS AND TWO REFERENCE LETTERS.
Applications are to be forwarded to Emily Shecapio, Administrative Assistant to Human Resources or email: firstname.lastname@example.org