Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Heavy Machinery Operator is part of the processes sector operations team. He is responsible for operating mobile equipment such as the bulldozer, 988 loader, excavator, etc. for the processes department operations. He ensures the operation of his equipment following established performance indicators and identifies operational and mechanical problems of his equipment.
- Ensure mobile equipment operations according to concentrator requirements:
- Bulldozer: tailings site;
- 988 Loader: tailings loading /ore loading;
- Excavator: tailings site /ore loading;
- Ensure smooth operations of equipment by performing periodic mechanical inspections
- Comply with, understand and promote company regulations and policies, especially in occupational health and safety
- Ensure that work site is kept clean and safe at all times
- Report all incidents/accidents to the Supervisor
- Participate in continuous training program to improve best practices
- All other job-related duties
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Vocational studies diploma in heavy machinery operation or more than 2 years’ relevant experience
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Bilingual (an asset)
- Team work in a multicultural environment
- Autonomous and responsible
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than March 24, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.