- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Réf. : ELE00002623
Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic is part of the maintenance team and surface mechanical workshop. He/she is responsible for performing periodic maintenance of heavy mobile equipment according to established priorities and complying with the best maintenance practices.
- Repair and maintain heavy mobile equipment required to perform surface facilities work
- Ensure that the worksite is clean and safe at all times
- Participate in developing maintenance procedures with the reliability group
- Respect and apply occupational health and safety work procedures
- Participate in surface facility occupational health and safety activities
- Report all incidents/accidents to the supervisor
- Maintain information records on equipment maintenance
- Collaborate and participate in projects/tests with outside stakeholders with the goal of improving maintenance work procedures
- All other job-related duties
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- College Studies Diploma or Vocational Diploma in Mechanics
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at https://goldcorp.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/m%C3%A9canicien-m%C3%A9canicienne-d%E2%80%99%C3%A9quipement-lourd-2126 no later than December 18th, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.