JOB TITLE: HEALTH AND SAFETY COORDINATOR
EEYOU ITSCHEE BAIE-JAMES CLUSTER
Reporting to the Pole’s Health, Safety and Environment Manager, the Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the occupational health and safety department and activities related to workplace prevention, project site safety and emergency response.
He is responsible for assessing and controlling health and safety hazards, and developing hazard control strategies for both the engineering and construction phases of the Moblan mining project.
He adheres to the company’s principles by adopting a behavior oriented towards health and safety, the environment and sustainable development.
- Participate in the implementation, application and monitoring of the health and safety management system during both the engineering and construction phases of the project.
- Develop and implement risk management processes, such as occupational health and safety programs, policies and procedures, in collaboration with the operational sites department.
- Participate, from an OHS perspective, in the contract awarding process.
- Support managers, employees and contractors in their day-to-day risk management by listening to their issues and challenges.
- Participate in maintaining the OHS culture within the organization
- Supervise the project OHS team
- Manage site safety and emergency measures
- Implement and ensure the proper functioning of the CSS
- Support the Health & Safety Representative in the performance of his/her duties
- Inspect workplaces, equipment and materials to ensure that they do not represent a health and safety hazard to workers
- Participate in accident investigation and analysis
- Identify and contribute to the implementation of corrective measures aimed at eliminating risks at source or controlling them
- Ensure that work procedures and methods are safe and comply with current legislation.
- Propose and implement initiatives to continuously improve health and safety performance.
- Collaborate with CNESST inspectors during their on-site interventions.
- Collaborate and participate in maintaining relations with stakeholders and communities.
- All other related tasks.
- Health and safety degree or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in a similar position.
- Clear understanding of OHS issues and orientations, particularly in the mining and construction sectors.
- Knowledge of health and safety laws and regulations
- Good computer and MS Office skills
- Safety officer certification
- Valid driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to work as part of a team with other departments
- Organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and openness to change
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Autonomous, resourceful and initiative
- Bilingualism in French and English (spoken and written) (asset)
- Workplace: Chibougamau
- Flexibility: 5/2 or 4/3 shifts
- Annual and production bonuses; we celebrate our successes as a team
- Transportation allowance
- Group insurance and highly competitive pension fund
- 8 floating vacations
- Professional development, training and advancement opportunities
- A friendly, dynamic team just waiting for you
Does this position appeal to you? Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now at https://www.sayona.ca/carriere/. We look forward to meeting you!
Please note that the masculine gender has been used in the job description to lighten the text. Regardless of your gender, your application will be treated with integrity and professionalism.
Sayona thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.