Posting # M-2122-0004C
Position # 5098
HEAD OF MIDWIFERY SERVICES (4902)
|DEPARTMENT:||Midwifery Services (644100)|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full-Time|
|HOURLY SALARY:||Min. (1) $33.26 – Max. (15) $56.45|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director Program, Development and Support the incumbent acts as clinical coordinator of midwifery services, and ensures quality assurance of services provided by the Midwives. The incumbent contributes to the integration of midwifery services within the scope of the organization’s first line services and programs that involve Midwives and their practice. This is carried out by assuming the professional role of a Head for Midwifery services (“Responsable des services de Sage-Femme”) through collaboration and integrated coordination relationships with the Coordinator of Birthing homes, the line and other staff/functional managements in the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB).
- Assumes the legal role and professional responsibility of a Head of Midwifery services (“Responsable des services de Sage-Femme”) according to the applicable laws.
- Ensure the clinical coordination of midwifery services and contributes to their integration to the CBHSSJB first line services.
- Contributes to the development of midwifery services in Eeyou Istchee.
- Ensures jointly with the coordinator of the birthing homes, the organization of human, financial, material, and information resources of the specialized services Unit.
- Update the Board of directors of the CBHSSJB on the midwifery services as requested.
- Participates in various committees and working groups and represent the department or the CBHSSJB with MSSS network committees and partners as requested by supervisor.
- Carries out any other function at the request of the supervisor.
- Member of the Ordre des sages-femmes du Québec.
- Experience of at least 5 years as a midwife.
Midwives from outside Quebec are welcome to apply. The Support will be given to satisfy requirements with the Quebec Order of Midwives. Midwives working in Eeyou Istchee can be exempted from the French language requirement of the Office Québécois de la langue française.
Knowledge and abilities
- Experience working in the development and implementation of a new midwifery service;
- Ability to set priorities for the deployment of midwifery services;
- Ability to coordinate midwifery services from different point of service/birthing homes
- Experience working in a collaborative approach with other professionals;
- Experience in the coordination of midwifery service and midwives’ team; Experience working with Aboriginal clients an asset;
- Ability to fulfill the role of midwife while respecting traditional Cree culture and approaches;
- Strong Communication skills;
- Ability to work in teams and in multi-disciplinary collaboration;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to analyze and solve problems;
- Client-oriented approach;
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluent in Cree or French is an asset.
- Qualified for recertification in Obstetrical Emergencies, Advanced Neonatal Resuscitation;
- Qualified for CPR an asset;
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a car;
- Availability and flexibility.
CONDITIONS AND ADVANTAGES
- 35-hour work per week;
- On-call: one hour paid for every 8 hours of availability;
- Call back at work: 1 hour for transportation at regular rate and a minimum of 2 hours at 1 1/2 the regular rate;
- Remote Region and Isolation premium;
- 3 – 4 outings / year (according to your status);
- 20 days of vacations, 9.6 sick days, 13 statutory holidays;
- Moving & storage costs paid by the employer;
- Information on other benefits can be obtained by contacting the CBHSSJB at the contact details below.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2021-09-20 / 2021-10-04|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometers from the locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.