Regular Full-Time Position with six (6) months’ probation
Posting Date: October 30, 2023
Ending Date: November 13, 2023 before 5pm
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, on a schedule
Hourly Rate: $27.96 – $40.81 + TDC benefits
The Head Chef is responsible for overseeing the operations and food production services at the Maquatua Inn Restaurant. He/she will be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of all operations for the kitchen. In addition, he/she will ensure that the quality of service and food exceed expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the global operations of the kitchen
- Monitor the inventory and oversee the purchasing of food and other supplies
- Develop menus and tailor menu based on product availability. Update periodically as needed.
- Ensure sanitation practices are followed, supplies, equipment and work areas are inspected, and employees follow guidelines and all documentation meets requirements.
- Manage kitchen staff (reporting structure, resource selection an allocation, orientation, supervision, coaching and training, scheduling, performance evaluation, etc.)
- Periodic schedules to ensure that sufficient staffing levels are maintained at all times, in order to effectively execute operations.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Upon supervisor’s request, carry out other duties related to the job.
- College Certificate or Diploma in Culinary Arts, OR High School Diploma with five years or more of relevant experience
- Proven working experience as Head Chef.
- Demonstrated experience performing accounting tasks, as well as staff supervision.
- Customer focused and service oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Fluency in Cree and English. French would be an asset.
To apply, please submit your cover letter & resume to:
Layla Miniquaken – Admin. Assistant – HR,
Tawich Development Corporation
12 Tawich Road, P.O. Box 210
and/or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org